Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats needed to run new LS2 with New harness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats needed to run new LS2 with New harness?

I have a 2006 6.0 GTO LS2 DBW with a new Speartech Standalone harness. I have everything hooked up as far as plugs, now im compltely lost with wiring and general rules of electricty....

I have my battery grounded to the body in the Trunk, a power wire going up front, where does it go first and where does it end up?

I have my fuel pump power and relay, should i run it straight to the battery?

What all has to see power in a 4 wire harness to fire the engine? It has its belt drive, radiator installed and everything. 1993 FD RX7.

I know its super basic electrical principles here, I just want to get power where it needs to be without popping anyting, I have no grounds from motor/Trans ect to the body yet.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2FD3S
I have a 2006 6.0 GTO LS2 DBW with a new Speartech Standalone harness. I have everything hooked up as far as plugs, now im compltely lost with wiring and general rules of electricty....

I have my battery grounded to the body in the Trunk, a power wire going up front, where does it go first and where does it end up?

I have my fuel pump power and relay, should i run it straight to the battery?

What all has to see power in a 4 wire harness to fire the engine? It has its belt drive, radiator installed and everything. 1993 FD RX7.

I know its super basic electrical principles here, I just want to get power where it needs to be without popping anyting, I have no grounds from motor/Trans ect to the body yet.
Did the Speartech harness come with instructions? Did you read them?

Andrew
Old 06-01-2015, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I'd also put a large gauge ground from the battery to whatever frame that car has. Ground the engine to the frame, ground the engine to the body, ground the frame to the body. The more grounds, the better. Use large braided ground straps...not pieces of wire.

The fuel pump relay should be fuse-protected before it gets to 12V if it doesn't already have one inline from the relay.

The BATT+ cable from the battery should go to the starter.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Ok thanks, then I run a wire back from the alternator to charge the battery? The harness is well labeled with standard instructions for harness hook up but most instructions assume I have a chassis harness. I need to get the engine started stand alone so it can go to a shop for a milspec chassis harness. I built.the caf myself but never done anything electrical that wasn't just plug and play.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Yes, alternator needs to run back to the battery.
This'll get ya started... there's a bunch of threads about hooking up the power\Battery\ALT.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...d-battery.html

Quick Reply: Whats needed to run new LS2 with New harness?