Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injetors

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation fuel injetors

I change the fuel injectors on the passenger side with some used ones that I got from the salvage yard. The engine is a 5.3, and the injectors I got are from a 5.3 as well. Do all 8 injectors need to be the same number? What happens if they are not? If the injectors I installed have more flow than the other 4 on the driver side, what do I need to do? Do I need to do anything to the computer?

Thank you
Old 07-04-2015, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mlevario99
I change the fuel injectors on the passenger side with some used ones that I got from the salvage yard. The engine is a 5.3, and the injectors I got are from a 5.3 as well. Do all 8 injectors need to be the same number? What happens if they are not? If the injectors I installed have more flow than the other 4 on the driver side, what do I need to do? Do I need to do anything to the computer?

Thank you
Some 5.3s have different injectors. I think the Flexfuel ones put out slightly more fuel but I could be wrong. Some 5.3s even have the 243 heads that the LS2 has, and I would imagine that setup had different injectors a well.

I would not run different injectors on one side of the engine. Get a matching set. it might run but it's going to cause you trouble in the future at some point.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I will install the other 4 I have. Do I need to change anything on the pcm? Since the ones I just install have more flow at the same pressure.
Thanks
Old 07-05-2015, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mlevario99
Thanks, I will install the other 4 I have. Do I need to change anything on the pcm? Since the ones I just install have more flow at the same pressure.
Thanks
Personally I wouldn't worry about it unless it runs weird after startup, or if you get some kind of code

Quick Reply: fuel injetors