Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive by wire compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drive by wire compatibility

Hi all. I have a 2002 4.8 that is drive by wire. I also have a 07 5.3 intake that is drive by wire. I would like to swap the intakes. Does anyone know if the new throttle body will work with the old?

Engine is goin into a 75 chevy short box that is on a 2005 frame.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,389 Likes on 878 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_camaro
Hi all. I have a 2002 4.8 that is drive by wire. I also have a 07 5.3 intake that is drive by wire. I would like to swap the intakes. Does anyone know if the new throttle body will work with the old?

Engine is goin into a 75 chevy short box that is on a 2005 frame.

Thanks.
In short, no...Gen III and Gen IV electronics don't play well together.

Andrew
Old 07-06-2015, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

I'm guessing the 07 intake you have is the newer 4 bolt TBSS/NNBS intake right? If so that's a pretty common swap that a lot of truck guys do. Since your DBW setup is from an 02 it should have the all plastic TAC module so you can use the cheaper adapter harness from Caspers or someone else (lot of people/vendors make them) and then use a silver bladed 90mm LS2 TB. If you had the plastic and metal TAC module from the 03-06 DBW setups then you'd need the more expensive X-Link from Torque Rush but it'd let you use any of the newer truck or car TB's. I've also seen one guy over at performancetrucks.net say that he removed the wires from the older two plug setup and then reinstalled them into the newer single plug setup and had it working flawlessly after a retune. I tried to PM him for more details but never heard back... Here's a link to the thread I had going over at pt a little while ago that talks about the different adapter harnesses, TAC modules, TB, etc:
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...rences-537063/
Old 07-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Yes I believe I do have the all plastic module. Thanks for the excellent info.

Quick Reply: Drive by wire compatibility