Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any budget LSx builders out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any budget LSx builders out there?

I originally contacted Randy at yatesefi, but apparently he's too busy right now to take on new work.

I'm in Korea, and my friend wants to do a V8 swap into his Saturn Sky (rebadged as Daewoo G2X in Korea).

We have someone to do the actual swap and manufacture the swap kit parts like mounts, brackets, etc.

Regarding the engine, we originally wanted to go with just an LS3 with T56, but LS3s cost a pretty penny, and not knowing the condition of the engine before purchase, we're looking at someone who can build a 5.3 for us.

The reason for this is, since we're in Korea, if we need a part during the build, it's going to take weeks to import, etc., so I'd rather just have someone build a motor and ship it to us.

We're looking at around 350 RWHP, so probably just intake, heads, and mid-sized cams will do.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Try to find an ly6 it's basicly an iron block ls3 but a lot cheaper. 400hp with a tune stock
Old 07-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Have you considered buying a 5.3 crate engine? They're pretty cheap, and they come with a warranty.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RacnJsn95
Have you considered buying a 5.3 crate engine? They're pretty cheap, and they come with a warranty.
Well, all engines are being considered, but getting a crate engine still has the same issues as I posted above, since we have to get the intake manifold, oil pan, all front accessories at the very least, and ship them together to Korea for assembly and if something is not right, we'll have to wait until we can get it to Korea again, which will take weeks.

My basic question for the post was, is there anyone out there who can convert a 5.3 to a swap engine for a Saturn Sky, so basically change out all the stuff listed above, and possibly put in a cam and tune, and then just ship us the engine.

If someone is interested, please email or PM me. If this goes right, we probably will be able to do more in the future with the same setup.

Quick Reply: Any budget LSx builders out there?