Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help.. I need a extended ls3 harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help.. I need a extended ls3 harness

I'm installing a 525 hp ls3 crate engine in a airboat. The standard harnesses (4' from engine to ecm) is to short to reach where I would like to mount the ecm. Does anyone know of a company that stocks a extended harness? I know a bunch of vendors will make one but I didn't want to wait 2-3 weeks. Any leads would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2015, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Why would anyone stock a custom part?
Old 08-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket
Why would anyone stock a custom part?
I didn't say anything about it needing to be "custom".. I said "extended".. IMO there is a huge difference.. Here is a quote from painless wiring website..
The extended length harness allows eight feet from the back of the intake manifold to where the fuseblock and ECM mount. Perfect for those that plan to mount these components under the seat or in the center console.
A "custom" harness would be were I asked for a specific length on specific leads for specific reasons.. If I do have to have one made up, I will have it made custom but I was hoping to find one that was just extended to get me on the water faster..

Painless stocks various LS series extended harnesses they just don't stock one for the LS3. With all that being said, I don't think my request was that far fetched but thanks for your solid input!

Regardless of how dumb you think the question was, I ended up getting several PMs with several potential leads so thanks for the bump as well!

Also thanks to everyone else that PMed me with actual leads and options. I really appreciate it! I plan to make my finial calls on Monday and pull the trigger.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Harness mfrs build all stand alones with 2.5-4' of main harness length from the RR or middle rear of the intake depending on who you get it from. Thats a standard harness

If you change anything from that be it something small like switching MAF or INJ type to something major like main trunk length it is no longer standard, extended or whatever, its custom because its not the generic that it kept on the shelf. What you're asking isnt far fetched at all, but it certainly isnt something anyone would keep in stock

Anyways, its been two weeks since your original post, so any major company should be fully capable of building anything you can dream up within that timeline. You made it sound like you needed it NOW, so waiting for a custom build was out of the question

Lose the arrogance next time you ask for help

Quick Reply: Help.. I need a extended ls3 harness