Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sanden 508 lines for '97 C1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sanden 508 lines for '97 C1500

C1500 guys what did you end up using for AC lines with the Sanden 508? Anything factory off another year model bolt up to where you don't have to get custom lines made? This seems like something that would be very common but I haven't found much info on it. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackLS1Camaro
C1500 guys what did you end up using for AC lines with the Sanden 508? Anything factory off another year model bolt up to where you don't have to get custom lines made? This seems like something that would be very common but I haven't found much info on it. Thanks!
You have to make a custom line to adapt from the -12 fitting off of the reciever drier to the -10 suction fitting. I have done it two ways. First way is to take the -12 tube and cut it off a few inches down. Take a -10 fitting and cut of the crimp end. The -10 fitting will actually slide inside the -12 tube and is a perfect slip fit. At that point, you can tig the joint and make a -10 line to the compressor. Other option is to get a -12 to -10 adapter. I was able to get one from Vintage Air that worked out. The discharge line will need to be modified with a new crimp on -8 fitting, but you can use the same hose as it is also -8. A decent AC shop should be able to do it all along with charging it for 2-300 dollars max. The lines should cost more than 50-60 bucks and the rest is whatever they charge to fill the system.

This is the best pic I have of a 97 Sierra I did with the first method

Old 07-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by matty b
You have to make a custom line to adapt from the -12 fitting off of the reciever drier to the -10 suction fitting. I have done it two ways. First way is to take the -12 tube and cut it off a few inches down. Take a -10 fitting and cut of the crimp end. The -10 fitting will actually slide inside the -12 tube and is a perfect slip fit. At that point, you can tig the joint and make a -10 line to the compressor. Other option is to get a -12 to -10 adapter. I was able to get one from Vintage Air that worked out. The discharge line will need to be modified with a new crimp on -8 fitting, but you can use the same hose as it is also -8. A decent AC shop should be able to do it all along with charging it for 2-300 dollars max. The lines should cost more than 50-60 bucks and the rest is whatever they charge to fill the system.

This is the best pic I have of a 97 Sierra I did with the first method

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply: Sanden 508 lines for '97 C1500