Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 z71 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 z71 swap

Doing the 5.3 swap in my 1998 z71 and i have a few questions, before you blow up on me and tell my to look trust me i have looked and looked.

1. I have a 2002 5.3 that i want to change the intake to what i can tell a Ls1 or ls6 intake. correct?

2. I have to leave the old computer to run other functions of the truck and then the harness from the 5.3 computer will splice in to the old harness to run the gauges and check engine light. If that is correct what of the old harness can i remove to clean things up a bit?

3. The AC bracket kit, i looked at holly and they want to sell you a bunch of BS, what is the best one for the money to get I would like to use the AC compressor that came with the 5.3 if possible. What lines will i need to connect the compressor back up?

4. The transmission will i need to use the 6.0 fly wheel and spacer? the new harness should plug right in and control the trans right?

i have searched for this stuff but im a pictures kinda of guy, i have read through this http://www.hotrodlane.cc/PDFFILES/Lisa%20Tahoe.pdf and it helps some but they skip over some stuff.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ls1truck. com

Quick Reply: 1998 z71 swap