Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help! No headlights/brakelights

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help! No headlights/brakelights

Ok guys I need some help, I already had an LS motor in my '96 camaro. I recently had the opportunity to strip a '98 Z28 camaro and get the engine harness, PCM, interior harness w/BCM, gauge cluster and the dash board. The goal was to have the newer interior. Well, everything is installed and I have no headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and dash lights. After chasing wires I found the headlight control module that's parts of the '96 Z28 system and discovered obviously it's not compatible with the '98 components. Does anyone have extensive knowledge of the wiring systems of the two different years and know how I can make all my lights work? Or is my only option to buy the front headlight harness from a '98? Also, if I have to upgrade the headlight harness does it have to be from a '98? I know '98 is a one off year and only works with '98 parts but does the headlight harness follow that or will any harness from '98-'02 work? Any help will be greatly appreciated guys, thank you in advance!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I assume you checked the obvious and made sure you have power getting through the fuse?

Quick Reply: Please help! No headlights/brakelights