Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 CTSV Alternater on a 2000 Camaro SS LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 CTSV Alternater on a 2000 Camaro SS LS1

I am building a '94 Miata with the LS1, wiring harness, and PCM from a 2000 Camaro SS. In order to fit, I am using the compact 2006-2007 Cadillac CTS-V accessories. Specifically, I bought a kit from JEGS, Part number 19155066.

The 1 wire connector from the Camaro PCM fits the connector on the Cadillac alternater and charging occurs correctly with ~12V when off and ~14V when running. The alternater has 2 pins. The top one is connected to the wire from the Camaro PCM. The other seems to be a ground that is not connected to the wiring harness. I assume it is grounded through the alternater mounting bolts?.

My problem (amongst many) is getting the miata charge/battery light on the dash to work. The light seems to be a ground based system with power to the light comming from the miata ignition switch and light illumination achieved when the curcuit is grounded.

Is there a Camaro PCM ground that turns on and off based on if the alternater is working?

Is there a positive that does that instead?

How do the 2000 Camaro SS and Cadillac CTSV charge lights work? Are they different?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

Quick Reply: 2007 CTSV Alternater on a 2000 Camaro SS LS1