Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Compressor Dimension Differences?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Default AC Compressor Dimension Differences?

I'm building an LS1 2000 Isuzu Hombre and I've been fighting the fitment of the AC compressor on and off. I don't want to move the compressor to the top of the engine, I already put my alternator where the normal location is on the top of the passenger side. The problem is that my idler arm is at the front of the notch I cut in the frame, but the compressor pulley is on the notch steel. I'd have to move the motor back 1/2" to clear enough for comfort, but I can't and the notch is already pretty close to the idler arm, less than the 1/2" I need.

So there's an alternate bracket available on eBay that puts a Sanden compressor down in the stock location. Is the Sanden pulley smaller than that of a stock F-body? Does it stick out further out front? Has anyone used the eBay bracket to put the Sanden compressor down there?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

I think that is basically a s10 isn't it? I run a Corvette spacing FEAD, and have a CTSV compressor, on a Corvette mounting bracket, with C5 a/c tensioner. My notch goes right up to the idler mount, and actually, took a grinder to the one side of the idler mount, maybe 1/4". I don't think the Sanden compressor is any smaller. I have seen other mod I think a TBSS compressor to fit a Corvette mount and it is a pretty small compressor. I am not sure if it is a variable displacement or fixed though. IDK if anything I said was any help, but it is all I got.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Saw you used the up-high PS alt.

I'm dying to figure this out in the future on a 4x4.

And subscribing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC Compressor Dimension Differences?