Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swap Dynatech headers same for 2nd gen Camaro and Firebirds?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS swap Dynatech headers same for 2nd gen Camaro and Firebirds?

Hi Guys

My friend has a 78 Firebird and wants to switch from the original LS1 manifolds to LT's. After doing my research, it seems dynatechs are the way to go but summit only lists them for 78 Camaro and not 78 Firebirds and none of the forums actually say anything about this or list part numbers.

So my question is, is the Dynatech LS swap headers, Dynatech 715-29410 and Dynatech 715-19410, the same for 78 Camaro as 78 Firebirds since they are both F-body cars?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2015, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by spitfire980
Hi Guys

My friend has a 78 Firebird and wants to switch from the original LS1 manifolds to LT's. After doing my research, it seems dynatechs are the way to go but summit only lists them for 78 Camaro and not 78 Firebirds and none of the forums actually say anything about this or list part numbers.

So my question is, is the Dynatech LS swap headers, Dynatech 715-29410 and Dynatech 715-19410, the same for 78 Camaro as 78 Firebirds since they are both F-body cars?

Thanks
I would think so...why not call Dynatech and ask them?

Andrew
Old 09-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I would think so...why not call Dynatech and ask them?

Andrew
Just wanted to know the answer if any 2nd gen guys know before dynatech opens on Monday or Tuesday
Old 09-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you could post up picks of the LS manifolds installed? I've read only 1998 fbody LS manifolds fit the 2nd gen fbody. if summit says the headers fit a camaro..they'll fit a firebird as well. My long tubes came from BRP hot rods (headman brand I believe).
Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by reedld
Any chance you could post up picks of the LS manifolds installed? I've read only 1998 fbody LS manifolds fit the 2nd gen fbody. if summit says the headers fit a camaro..they'll fit a firebird as well. My long tubes came from BRP hot rods (headman brand I believe).
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240292

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...=250824&page=2

Just search on google: 2nd gen camaro dynatech ls swap headers

EDIT: Sorry, i read that wrong. I beleive the headers are from an 04 Caprice thats sold in the Middle East or Holden Caprice depending on where you live. You guys never got those stateside
Old 09-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Default Dynatech Headers and Collector Height

Just for some added information about the collectors fitting great or hanging low on Dynatech (or any header for that matter). We all know that when you raise or lower the engine, the headers follow the engine. In other words, when you lower the engine and or transmission the headers will be lower to the ground as well. The most important thing a customer can do is make sure they are using the same mounts and adapter plates that the headers were designed for use with. This will probably explain why many customers love the fit and others have issues with them hanging too low.
For example, the Dynatech Headers were designed for use with:
1. Speedway Motors Adapter Plates: Part# 910-18012. Different Adapter Plates vary in thickness and locate the engine in different locations. Many can even be flipped upside down.
2. Small Block Engine Stands. These are the parts that are between the engine mount and the engine cross member. The Big Block stands will set the engine lower.
3. There is also as much as 1.00" variation between the different styles/brands of engine mounts. If the engine is setting too low, you may have mounts that are too short.
Hope this helps prevent some headaches.

Last edited by dynatech; 09-08-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dynatech
Just for some added information about the collectors fitting great or hanging low on Dynatech (or any header for that matter). We all know that when you raise or lower the engine, the headers follow the engine. In other words, when you lower the engine and or transmission the headers will be lower to the ground as well. The most important thing a customer can do is make sure they are using the same mounts and adapter plates that the headers were designed for use with. This will probably explain why many customers love the fit and others have issues with them hanging too low.
For example, the Dynatech Headers were designed for use with:
1. Speedway Motors Adapter Plates: Part# 910-18012. Different Adapter Plates vary in thickness and locate the engine in different locations. Many can even be flipped upside down.
2. Small Block Engine Stands. These are the parts that are between the engine mount and the engine cross member. The Big Block stands will set the engine lower.
3. There is also as much as 1.00" variation between the different styles/brands of engine mounts. If the engine is setting too low, you may have mounts that are too short.
Hope this helps prevent some headaches.
I called you guys but the tech guy wasnt on his desk, my question is the Dynatech LS swap headers, Dynatech 715-29410 and Dynatech 715-19410, the same for 78 Camaro as 78 Firebirds since they are both F-body cars?

Id like to order today

Thanks
Old 09-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spitfire980
I called you guys but the tech guy wasnt on his desk, my question is the Dynatech LS swap headers, Dynatech 715-29410 and Dynatech 715-19410, the same for 78 Camaro as 78 Firebirds since they are both F-body cars?

Id like to order today

Thanks
I am pretty sure we spoke, however just in case we did not, yes they are the same. Your original mounts may differ a little from the Small Block Chevy Mounts considering the Firebird used a Pontiac engine. Other than that, every thing else should be fine. Thank You again for your interest in our products.

Quick Reply: LS swap Dynatech headers same for 2nd gen Camaro and Firebirds?