Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 Chevelle ls1 t66

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All cut and buffed out. It came out pretty good. You can see the reflection of the tire in the firewall

Old 06-27-2016, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work on the dash , I like the " 300 " look of no trim on the dash , the 66,67 dashes are a pain , what radio are you planning ? On the A C -- I bought reducers from vintage air and melted them to fit on to the evaporator box to accommodate the smaller hoses to run to all the vents , as others have said it is tight 'and where are you mounting your ecm ? originally I had it under the dash but due to no room and access it is now in the trunk. I also added silicone to the defroster vent pieces as the looked they would vibrate. JOHN
Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Radio is undecided probably a hidden one of some sort or just and Bluetooth setup to an small amp. For the AC I have 2 1/2" for the drivers side vents that came with the kit and 2" I believe for the top vents. My ecm will end up on the driver side inner fenderwell, I tried and tried to make it fit underneath the dash under a seat and ultimately just wasn't happy with how cramped everything was. For the defroster I welded studs into the cowl and bolted them in and dynamatted over the edges to seal them up tight.

The engine and Trans is in. Clutch hydraulics are hooked up and a bump stop welded to the pedal. That took the better portion of last night. Engine and Trans made it in without scratching the firewall which I was worried about.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Like the progress . Feel free to post more pics , Thanks . JOHN
Old 06-29-2016, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Horrible picture but, the vents are installed and ducting ran. Wiring is started, I have an American autowire kit. Dakota digital gauges. Tomorrow I plan to wire up gauges. It calls for a negative wire ran back to the sender but I think the factory just had a small section of wire clipped to the frame.

Started the Holley brackets last night. I should have read the directions earlier because I found out I needed corvette power steering pump, and tensioner. So I am waiting for those now.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE . where are you mounting the vintage air controller ?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

The control switch? The one I have is mounted to the heater control for the switches. The solid state board for the vintage air is attached to a bracket that bolts the box assembly in.

Not sure if you can see it but it is in the center near the top in that rectangle hole
Old 07-03-2016, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Hard to see in the picture but the dash and AC is all wired up. I routed the heater lines and put the switching valve for the hot water in the cowl kick panel area and will probably zip tie all the hoses together once they are ran. I wired up the engine harness and will work on the rear body harness tonight hopefully. I am taking Tuesday and Wednesday off so hopefully I can run the fuel system. After that I should be almost ready to fire it up.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Hard to tell but I heat wrapped the parts where the exhaust will be and covered the entire line in spiral wrapped plastic from a hydraulic store. The filter is bolted in and the line is cushion clamped everywhere to hold it tight.

Running towards the engine
Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

What's left on the list. I need to install hp tuners on my laptop and try to work through turning off the vats. This is the computer that came with the car so hopefully I can not screw up the tune. It was tuned by someone for the cam that is in it.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Been steadily working on it the past week, car fired up for the first time had an issue with the crank sensor not making a good connection but talked to the harness builder and he gave me a few things to look at and check and was able to fix it. I also got the front clip back on it with the help of my dad and hid the pcm under the drivers side fender. Made mounts for the f body radiator and installed it. Found a perfect hose from napa to hook it up. Mounted the condenser and the lines fit with the radiator. Next I need to wire the forward lamp harness and build an exhaust system. So hopefully by next Monday it should be ready to idle and maybe move on the jack stands.

Hose for the lower

New wheels 18x8 245/45 tires

Old 07-15-2016, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

I got the power steering and Ac in today. The power steering hose is from a 97 corvette. Exhaust come tomorrow, planning on a summit x pipe with super turbo mufflers. All 2.5" and exiting before the rear tire. Will post some pics tomorrow hopefully
Old 07-16-2016, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

The return hose I used was from a 2000 camaro with v6. So it's full of power steering fluid and antifreeze. I need to still build the exhaust and program the vintage air and Dakota digital dash. Now with it running it doesn't show the water temp or rpm. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I am using the obd2 bim box for the gauges but not seeing any rpm. I also wasn't able to see rpm in the vcm scanner the few time I started it.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

It's looking good, nice work.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Got the exhaust built. I am going to wrap the headers tomorrow and then fire it up and see how it sounds. I had to change the water pump though it was leaking. In good news the a/c system held vacuum for 24 hours without dropping. So might charge it tomorrow
Old 07-23-2016, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Car went for its first drive today. Left about 100' of rubber. It seems pretty good so far needs an alignment and I have an issue with the rear caliper braket rubbing the rotor. So I am grinding clearance into it now.

Off the jacks after the first drive

Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats , Is the car in the trailer next ?
Old 07-24-2016, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Sort of. It's a 70 duster with chromoly tube chassis that I built 5 years ago or so. It is a 25.1e chassis certed to 6.0. The engine is 582 bbc based motor that Nyes performance built for me long ago. It is 930 hp engine but I could never get he converter stall quite right so the best it ever ran was 9.16 at 146. It was on an 8 second pass but my wishbone decided it was time to start moving and the car would start turning at the 1000' mark so I got a new one from buckle racing and haven't had the car out since which has been about 2-3 years. So my plan is after hot August nights pull the race car in the garage and run through everything and try to take it to a test and tune. I need to get my Nhra license renewed though
Old 07-31-2016, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Driven about 150 miles so far. No real issues to note. My new steering box is to tight like there is no free play in it and it doesn't return to center. So I may try adjusting it. Either way it will make it to Reno. We are staying at the grand Sierra but will be driving it around all week up there so say hi if you see it out there

Quick Reply: 67 Chevelle ls1 t66