Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about a stall

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about a stall

I have a 5.3 out of a 2001 GMC, I put it in my 92 Chevy pick up truck. Runs good may need a better tune, but before that I was thinking of put a LS6 cam and some 799 heads I've had put up in my shed for a while. A friend at the store I get my parts at said I should put a trailblazer stall in it. That it would make my truck that much better to drive. Thing is I don't know which one, they say it's a popular thing to do, I just don't know which stall,and from what trailblazer? An SS or what year? I'm not to happy about stalls but he said this one I wouldn't even notice. So if anyone can help and maybe a few more pointers I'd be happy. I'm also looking for a trailblazer intake off of an SS trailblazer, so if anyone has one up for sale let me know thanks. I hope I did this right cause I'm new to all this forum stuff, but I've noticed they are a great source of information, THANKS
Old 09-24-2015, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do a low-buck stall test, by standing on the brake, in drive, and mashing the throttle. The RPM will stabilize at the stall speed of your torque converter, after a couple of seconds.

You may find the stall you have if the same as the same as trailblazers, or other GM trucks.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I did some research and found that the stall from any late model trailblazer straight 6 will do. The internals come welded and it's good for the small cam I'm using. Thanks Brother.

Quick Reply: Questions about a stall