Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dakota Digital pass threw 8k pulse wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota Digital pass threw 8k pulse wiring

Has anyone used this with a 99-02 pcm? If so how did you wire it? Black and gray wires coming from the sensor, green/purple from the ECU?
Old 09-26-2015, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Also interested I'm in the he process of swapping an ls1, what is the 8k pulse for? From what I read you can use an adapter for the obd2 port that will run the gauges
Old 09-27-2015, 02:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The pcm wire called VSS low is used for the ground. Connect it to the black on the VSS.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the BIM module and am taking all of the readings off of the PCM for my VHX gauges. I am using the GMPP harness and it includes the oil pressure. Some harnesses have the oil press sender wired while others don't (some of the aftermarket ones). You can also read other PCM reading like IAC and others to help you trouble shoot problems you might have. Works great and less wiring to do. I bought a OBD Y cable to run the DD stuff off of one and still have an open one for a scanner if needed.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd752.htm

I just bought the DBC Cruise Control conversion from DD. Hope to start installing it in the next couple of weeks.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

I did end up connecting Black to Green and Purple to Gray and changed the speedo settings in Hptuners to 8K per mile, and changed the gear ratio to 3:42. But when hooked up to VCM scanner in Hptuners when I am driving it flickers from 1-2 mph no matter what speed I am moving

Quick Reply: Dakota Digital pass threw 8k pulse wiring