Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e36 ls1 wiring face palm. requesting assistance.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e36 ls1 wiring face palm. requesting assistance.

I will do my best not to ramble.

long story short my test fitting is all done. many thanx to BRAAPZ for the clutch line mod, this allowed me to move onto the next stage of my build.

The original plan was to purchase a wiring harness and ecu from wiring specialties, because it is plug and play. I kept the x20 connector to send to them.

So fast-forward a few weeks and life happens as it always does, I have had to spend some of the budget for this car on other needs. To keep my project rolling and keep myself from falling into a deep depression I made the decision to attempt to graft my 04 GTO harness to the x20 that kept from my 96 328i engine. Now for the .

The majority of the engine harness (all but the connectors that interface between the chassis and the engine harness went with the engine when i sold it.
I have been summoning all of my google-fu to track down the answers to some of my questions.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND: I have a giant empty hole where my engine should go, and as the engine harness ran power from the positive distribution block on the passenger inner fender to the power post of the chassis/engine fuse block on the drivers inner fender, I cannot exactly be probing around with a test light.

questions:

Where do I connect the wire from my starter solenoid on the bmw... all attempts to find using a borrowed power probe lead to an audible relay click but not able to identify where the signal leaves the x20 connector

Same question as above but with looking for IGN constant power.

lt1swap.coms pin out map for external connections only shows one wire coming back to the pcm for the v.s.s. where does the second wire go? wich one do I use there?

I have not been able to find a simplified wiring diagram of the 04 GTO charging system/sub harness to begin trying to figure out how to make that work. I would appreciate any help with this. has been letting me down.

let the "search harder" flaming begin
Old 10-04-2015, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4#post10475674

Hopefully this helps. I used a GTO harness on my E36 swap. The link is to my old thread that has some wiring info in the thread and a link to a PDF.

Quick Reply: e36 ls1 wiring face palm. requesting assistance.