Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order tuning

I think for my swap I have decided to send my pcm out to have antitheft, emmissions, torque management and the segment swap done.

so far I have spoke to

-Brendan from lt1swap $75 sounds like a wait before I get it back

-wait4me performance $88 a first they said 48hour turnaround then they said could be a week or longer depending on how busy the day is. also free minor changes for life he talked about adding a bunch of performance tuning to it as part of the tune but sounded like he was just trying to suck me in. not sure though

-speartech $200 but he said 1 to 2 day turnaround time and they sound like they have the best reputation. he actually told me straight up that if I have any kind of cam, or power adders especially forced induction. they will not send me a mail order tune because its much better to dyno tune at that point.

speartech was very straight forward and I like the fact that they will do everything that needs to be done without adding any "free performance adding tunes."

has anyone had any recent experience with lt1swap and/or wait4me performance. I know its not always easy to talk to customers over the phone. so maybe they are worth a shot. right now I am leaning more towards speartech (mainly for their honesty). I'd sooner spend $200 at a reputable shop and avoid complications than spend under 100 and have to worry about the wait time and the tune when I get it. although if nobody gives the "little guy" a shot you never know they might be offering the same service at a much better price.

any others I should check out?
Old 10-28-2015, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

PSI did the same thing to mine for I think $100. It is on their website.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I have always heard great things about Brendan at LT1swap. Speartechs price seems high for that little bit of tuning. There is http://www.lsxpowertuning.com/ who is a sponsor here.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Brendan did mine and less than 24hr turnaround time. Worked perfect. I would use him again form my next stock swap.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Wait4me did my PCM and harness. Harness was awesome. As for the tune, it fired up and idled great, but the VE and spark tables were untouched from the escalade it came out of, had some surging issues..etc.
It was my newbie impression that this stuff would be "mostly" setup and would need refining. I'm not ******* Wait4me at all, just be aware that you will need to go through your fuel/timing maps in depth to get AFRs safe and good driveability.

Quick Reply: Mail order tuning