Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 impala ls2 conversion--suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 impala ls2 conversion--suggestions?

I am looking to do an LS2 conversion in my 67 Impala convertible once its out of the body shop---hoping 2 more months but I want to start getting my parts together.

The only for sure detail is the ENGINE-LS2 FROM 06GTO WITH AUTO TRANS

Have followed and talked to KWHIZZ--guys a genious and very helpful

SUSPENSION--Considered Ridetech Level 1 coilovers but thats out of my price range so looking for suggestions--have talked to a rep from Viking and they have VTW205-550T for $980 which is coilovers for the front and shock and spring set up for the rear..Thinking of using this set up with my stock control arms--ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Definitely using harness from Speartech

Definitely using Holley oil pan 302-1

Considering CPP DELPHI 500 series power steering box along with hydroboost

Headers-read on LS1TECH that 2010 camaro exhaust manifold or LS conversion headers

Radiator-was told Griffin radiator -have a call into them to see what they other and if it comes with electric fan

On the 4 wheel disc considering CPP-Wilwood is expensive so looking for something comparable. I wish i knew how to get the corvette calipers all the way around?-Any info would be appreciated

Friday i'll be visiting a shop in Illinois to get a quote on the install of what I want done and bounce these ideas off of them.

Any and all information will be appreciated

REY

I appreciate any and all input.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

Here's a link to a 67 Swap we did on a friends car earlier this year........Forgot about the Jeep Grand Cherokee steering box....Check it out

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...l#post18735200
Old 10-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Teching In

looked at thr thread KWIZZ..very nice..Any specifoc year on the jeep grand cherokee steering box?
Old 10-29-2015, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

As I remember it was a 94-96 box......I will ask Mark and find out for sure

Ken
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Viking kit on my 68 Impala and it's a great value. It's wont ride as nice as a bag setup but the adjustability makes up for it. Don't forget some Hellwig sway bars for the front an rear. They can be found discounted on Amazon sometimes.

Consider looking at the Moroso pans if you are looking for extra oil control. I did the math and it was less expensive than the Holley pan with the baffle kit.

Use caution when using CPP parts. I am not say what they sell is bad because I know they have some nice stuff and it's all very affordable. Just know IF you have issues that you may have to exercise extreme patience while you help them fix it.

You obviously sew the Gen 5 Camaro manifolds work. If you want headers, first gen Camaro stuff seems to be the way to go. I have the Hooker mid length headers on my car but my motor is back about 3 inches.

The brakes are tough due to the big bearing car axle. You could do the Vette stuff on front but you would spend a fortune getting the Vette stuff on the rear. Wilwood does not even have their application correct for the 65-70 B-body on the website. Baer offers some nice stuff for these cars though.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Teching In

thanks for the info..You have any pics of the 68? I will look into Baer as well.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a link to Alex's thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...hp-17-psi.html
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default C3 corvette front swap

Look at chevytalk.com in the 65-70 section on the c-3 corvette stuff.... i did it how ever did not like it. will be doing something different next go around. there is a good write up on the conversion. pretty straightforward. global west has good suspension parts... expensive but nice. umi performance has your rear covered and cheap. parts are as nice if not better than the global west pieces.

the ridtech stuff is nice. what are the goals of the car?? that would be a better spot to start on the suspension pieces.

motor and trans..... are you running AC? plan on relocating it if you move the motor back.

where pics of the car???? hehehe
Old 11-01-2015, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by alocker

The brakes are tough due to the big bearing car axle. You could do the Vette stuff on front but you would spend a fortune getting the Vette stuff on the rear. Wilwood does not even have their application correct for the 65-70 B-body on the website. Baer offers some nice stuff for these cars though.
I have a 1968 Pontiac Catalina, wilwood built my brake per the spec's I gave them. I used their GTO conversion that was a close match as a base, down loaded they're spec' drawing and marked them up with my measurements.
The first one came wrong so I made them a video showing their errors and they corrected it.

Quick Reply: 1967 impala ls2 conversion--suggestions?