Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBC cruise and Toyota switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBC cruise and Toyota switch

I'm swapping a 5.3l into a 1994 Toyota LC and would like to use the factory switch for the GM cruise module.

So, is there a way to get the two working together? The Toyota switch has 3 wires and apparently varies the voltage on one wire to tell the Toyota cruise module to cancel, set/coast/ and res/acc. The below shots are of the toyota FSM and a drawing stolen off another site (sorry I lost the source). Has anyone done this successfully? It seems like the logic would be fairly straightforward, but not enough so, for me.. Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Funny, that drawing is my handy work that I posted for a guy on the 67-72 Chevy truck site. Anyway, your switch is just like the older Ford steering wheel mounted cruise switches. I tried for a long time to come up with a way to use them in their original form, but could never get it to work. What I eventually ended up doing was rewiring them to be just on-off switches rather than varying the resistance to ground. You might try that. Do you have a pic of what the switch looks like?
Old 11-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response (and the work on the schematic). I'll shoot a picture of it tonight, but it's basically a stalk switch with the main on/off button on the end, pull it toward you to cancel, up is set/resume and down is coast-- I think. I thought about maybe just rigging up some type of stationary stalk type switch in it's place if I could find one that didn't look too silly. Or are you thinking that the guts of this switch could be reworked to work? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: DBC cruise and Toyota switch