Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 donor vehicle what do I keep

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 5.3 donor vehicle what do I keep

So I'm taking a 5.3 out of a 2000 Tahoe. Anything else I need to keep besides the engine harness and pcm?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I stripped a Silverado, I kept all kinds of crap that I thought I MIGHT be able to use. Mounts, crossmember for the tranny, nuts, bolts, brackets, overflow bottle, hoses etc....You can't have enough crap lying around when you start swapping, at least for someone on a budget anyway. I used as much stuff out of the Silverado that I could in my s10. Most all the bolts are metric and sometimes difficult to find, I kept a big box of misc wiring, relays and and assortment of hardware that I still have in my shop. I dig in the box occasionally to fix stuff.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmyers
When I stripped a Silverado, I kept all kinds of crap that I thought I MIGHT be able to use. Mounts, crossmember for the tranny, nuts, bolts, brackets, overflow bottle, hoses etc....You can't have enough crap lying around when you start swapping, at least for someone on a budget anyway. I used as much stuff out of the Silverado that I could in my s10. Most all the bolts are metric and sometimes difficult to find, I kept a big box of misc wiring, relays and and assortment of hardware that I still have in my shop. I dig in the box occasionally to fix stuff.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 5.3 donor vehicle what do I keep