Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help full ls t56 swap into 94 lt1 auto

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help full ls t56 swap into 94 lt1 auto

OK so I've been doing lots of searching and trying to find answers to my questions but am coming up short. I have a 94 lt1 auto camaro and am doing a full ls swap on it. Have ls1 and t56 from a 2000 ta with the harness for it. I have a 98 ls1 body harness 98 cluster 99 plastic fuel tank. Can I make all of this work plug and play? I know the fuel gauge and temp gauge will be an issue. I can get a 98 tank if it would make things easier. Do I need to find a 99 body harness? Trying to just make it plug and play as much as possible. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by subedriver
OK so I've been doing lots of searching and trying to find answers to my questions but am coming up short. I have a 94 lt1 auto camaro and am doing a full ls swap on it. Have ls1 and t56 from a 2000 ta with the harness for it. I have a 98 ls1 body harness 98 cluster 99 plastic fuel tank. Can I make all of this work plug and play? I know the fuel gauge and temp gauge will be an issue. I can get a 98 tank if it would make things easier. Do I need to find a 99 body harness? Trying to just make it plug and play as much as possible. Thanks in advance for any replies.
I think you are making this too complicated. I would just mate your 2000 engine Harness to your 94 body harness. They already have some of the same connectors. The wires just need to be moved on them. Also you will need to add a c210 connector. You will need to move the starter wires from your shifter to your clutch switch which is on the clutch pedal. Also you will need to move and extend the reverse light wiring over to to the engine harness connectors.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Well I was going to run a newer body harness since I'll be switching the dash to the newer one with a newer style cluster. Are the v6 body harness the same as the v8 cars? I doubt they would be but figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Quick Reply: help full ls t56 swap into 94 lt1 auto