Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e truck ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4l80e truck ??

I have a 67 chevelle that was a column shift - and is being converted to floor shift
the donor motor trans is a 2003 truck 6l and 4l80e with the trans mounted neutral safety and backup switch

I want to use the trans mounted switches for neutral safety and backup lights.

I do not want to do this externally from the tranny/pcm as most threads suggest doing

I can not find any threads that speak to what wires output from the pcm harness to go to ignition unless the keyed output wire is already run through the neutral safety before it outputs from the pcm???

what wire outputs for back up lights - I only see four wires listed as transmission range switches which doesn't tell me anything in this regard

also - if possible how does one add an idiot light to the output for the alternator?

thanks again
Ken
Old 11-25-2015, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nothing to it,its fairly straightforward.I don't have the schematic in front of me but you need +12V to one side of the reverse switch and the other to your lights,for the neutral switch you will need to add a relay as the transmission switch will not handle the current draw of the starter solenoid.I'll take a look later when I'm back at the shop if no one else posts up the info.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

thank you - I wont jury rig this - there is already a wire coming out of the harness for the back up lights, somewhere - from factory - I just need to know which wire it is

the relay I can do no problem and thank you if you can provide a diagram
Old 11-25-2015, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

alright then - I was given the pinouts for c152 which answered the back up light question
now I just need the wiring for a relay for starting - which pcm wires etc
is it possible to wire for an idiot light for the alternator? if so how so? thanks again

Last edited by Seeker1056; 11-25-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seeker1056
also - if possible how does one add an idiot light to the output for the alternator?
thanks again
Ken
Hook up the oem gen light wire to the L terminal of the alternator. Then you need a short length of wire from the S terminal of the alternator to the Batt stud of the alternator. This is how I got the gen light to work properly on the LS3/4l60E swap into a 1968 Chevelle I did.

Russ Kemp
Old 11-27-2015, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ K
Hook up the oem gen light wire to the L terminal of the alternator. Then you need a short length of wire from the S terminal of the alternator to the Batt stud of the alternator. This is how I got the gen light to work properly on the LS3/4l60E swap into a 1968 Chevelle I did.

Russ Kemp
More precisely, the S terminal should go to the main power distribution point, not to the not the batt stud of the alternator. Hooking it up to the batt stud defeats the purpose of sensing the system draw and allowing the alternator to compensate.

Andrew

Quick Reply: 4l80e truck ??