Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purple Starter Solenoid Wire

Old 02-22-2016, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Purple Starter Solenoid Wire

I'm currently performing a LS1 swap in my 65 Chevy II, I have a standalone current performance fuse/relay module, on that module there is a relay for the starter with a purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid and the original wiring in my car has a purple wire from my ignition that also goes to my starter solenoid. I connected these wires together since they both go to the solenoid. When I went to turn over the engine the starter kept turning when the key was in the run and off position and only stopped when I disconnected the battery. I tested my solenoid and it works fine and I even changed out my ignition switch and the problem persisted. I then disconnected the wires from each other and tested each wire individually and they both worked like they should, 12v going to the wire when the key is in the start position and no voltage in the run and off position. Do I need both purple wires connected to the solenoid or can I terminate one of the wires?
Old 02-22-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

You dont need both of them. It would be simplest to just run your factory purple wire from the ignition switch (and neutral safety switch) straight to the starter.
The following users liked this post:
frojoe (02-07-2024)
Old 02-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ls1nova71, thank you for the reply.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Purple Starter Solenoid Wire