TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Deloss,
great find. thanks 4 sharing.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deloss
I haven't made it to this step yet in my project. You've probably already found these online, but these are some of the links I've saved relating to Fixed vs Variable AC Compressors:

http://www.aircondition.com/tech/get...9WYWx2ZXMucGRm

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/V...nt-Compressors

http://hubpages.com/autos/vdcadjustorconvert
Great info! The more I read about variable displacement, the more I think I want to try to keep this feature operational. I will spend a little more time in looking over the schematics to see if I can make it work in my application.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bamabob
Great info! The more I read about variable displacement, the more I think I want to try to keep this feature operational. I will spend a little more time in looking over the schematics to see if I can make it work in my application.
We will be watching!!!! I'd like to keep mine as well!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gthmcty1
We will be watching!!!! I'd like to keep mine as well!!!
From what I can tell using variable compressor will require using the donor HVAC module. This will take more effort than I want to put into it so I will try removing the middle 2 o rings to convert it to always pump 100% and just cycle the clutch.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

From what I can tell using variable compressor will require using the donor HVAC module. This will take more effort than I want to put into it so I will try removing the middle 2 o rings to convert it to always pump 100% and just cycle the clutch.
Ahhhhhh, that makes it difficult for me as well, because I don't have access to the donor vehicle.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

i did do a little face lift on the engine

The intake and covers were an eBay find. This really took some altitude off the engine that I may or may not need
Old 06-21-2016, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

i did do a little face lift on the engine

The intake and covers were an eBay find. This really took some altitude off the engine that I may or may not need
I absolutely love that man great score!!!!!! Heading over to eBay now lol!!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Bama check PM!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Default It runs!!!!!!

I've just about got my harness and attached under hood relay/fuse panel work done. Keep in mind the engine is just sitting loose on a low flat cart. I connected the ecm and then the battery to test out my work. I turn the key to the run position and the throttle body calibrates itself as it should. I could not hold back testing further. I got some fuel in it, turn the key to start and it fires right up almost turning over and falling off the table. I only let it run a couple seconds but that was long enough to know we are good on the harness. Now I just need to get the harness taped up and covered.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

I've just about got my harness and attached under hood relay/fuse panel work done. Keep in mind the engine is just sitting loose on a low flat cart. I connected the ecm and then the battery to test out my work. I turn the key to the run position and the throttle body calibrates itself as it should. I could not hold back testing further. I got some fuel in it, turn the key to start and it fires right up almost turning over and falling off the table. I only let it run a couple seconds but that was long enough to know we are good on the harness. Now I just need to get the harness taped up and covered.
That's awesome man congrats!!!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Very impressive!!!$!!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. Hearing it run gave me a shot of inspiration!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys. Hearing it run gave me a shot of inspiration!
Hell just knowing you got it running gave me a shot of inspiration lol!!!!!
Old 07-09-2016, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is and awesome thread. I'm about done with my harness and was also checking it and an not with my notes but I am trying to understand the fuel pump. I thought I had the correct wire but at key on I was checking for voltage and nothing... So you know which wire I need or is it also in the tune? I saw there are some settings there as well. I think I'm close.
Thanks
David
Old 07-09-2016, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by custom 68
This is and awesome thread. I'm about done with my harness and was also checking it and an not with my notes but I am trying to understand the fuel pump. I thought I had the correct wire but at key on I was checking for voltage and nothing... So you know which wire I need or is it also in the tune? I saw there are some settings there as well. I think I'm close.
Thanks
David
Awesome man this thread is a wealth of knowledge I'm sure some one will chime here!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks
David
Thanks. You may be closer than I am to being complete with the harness. Are you using the fuel module or are you pulling a signal from the ecm to signal a relay to drive your pump?
Old 07-09-2016, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No fuel module just hoping to have a signal that will switch the relay. My gen 3 swap just sends a signal so it's just on but this new gen 5 it seems different. I'm out this weekend so I hope to get on it soon I'm close I believe
Old 07-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

No fuel module just hoping to have a signal that will switch the relay. My gen 3 swap just sends a signal so it's just on but this new gen 5 it seems different. I'm out this weekend so I hope to get on it soon I'm close I believe
I could not find a signal without using the module so I'm just running mine with the relay switched by the run signal. The fuel pump will run when the key is turned to run position, even when the engine is not running. I did set the relay up to not run the pump during cranking.

I will use a LS corvette fuel filter regulator. IIRC these hold 58PSI which is short of the 80psi that the factory pumps supply. I'm hoping that the in tank pump is more of a lift pump to supply the mechanical high pressure pump for DI.

I'm hung up right now getting the data link connector wiring working right. everything seems wired correct but I'm getting an error on my scan tool. Any ideas here?
Old 07-09-2016, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's what I thought I may need to do as well but I'm gonna keep digging.
I got an error as well until I plugged in the transmission them it all worked. I'm using hp tuners
Old 07-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

That's what I thought I may need to do as well but I'm gonna keep digging.
I got an error as well until I plugged in the transmission them it all worked. I'm using hp tuners
After triple checking all my pinouts and still getting an error message on my scan tool, I went ahead and plugged in my hptuners unit just to see and it did work. I guess my 10 year old scan tool is too old to read the 2015 Ecm. I had held off plugging in the hpt unit until everything checked out

Quick Reply: LT1/L83 into something eventually