Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TBI controlled by 411

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TBI controlled by 411

Has anyone ever connected a TBI to an OBD2 411 ECM?
The burning question... Why in the world would anyone want to do that?
Quick answer, I have a 250 six inline that I would like to convert into EFI, but the siamese intake ports would not allow me to practically run a MPFI.
The mechanical part of the installation of a MPFI would be a breeze, but the odd firing order would cause the number 1 and 6 cylinders to run lean.
With that in place back to the OBD2 TBI...
I already have the "427" ECM that would also control a 4L60E, but beyond that I would like the instant flash programability, logging, gauge compatibility and overall flexibility of an OBD2 system. The problem is that I have not yet found a TBI that came with an OBD2 system.
Yes, there were several vehicles with TBI after 1996 specially here in Mexico, there was even a 250 inline TBI all the way to 1998; but all of them were of the OBD1 variety.
Now, what if I used a 411 ECM, 2001 V6 calibration, a 3x reluctor in the damper and a vortec distributor for cam sensor, and then run a Holley Pro Jection 2Bbl through a MAP-ecu peak and hold injector driver connected to the 1 and 4 injector signals from the ECM...
Would it work?... or better yet... Why wouldn`t it work?
If this engine were a 12 port like most other inliners I would MPFI the hell out of it!
Thank you for your comments.

Quick Reply: TBI controlled by 411