Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 Chevelle Malibu w/ 6.0L LQ4 + T56 Trans...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 Chevelle Malibu w/ 6.0L LQ4 + T56 Trans...

Hey guys, I introduced myself in the Newb Thread or wherever that was lol. Here we are off to a good start with some good progress. If you search for the threads I've started (this is #2 so it's easy to find) you'll see that I was driving my car home with a 383 stroker in it and the motor blew 24 hours after I bought it. FML a million times.

Well took about 3-4 weeks to ship the car just so I could get prepped for it by the time it got here. It's been here for a few weeks and I am going to show you some progress here in a second.

Anyways, maybe took a few too many things off but the motor is prepped to be pulled with the transmission attached. I don't want to dent the pan on my TH350 so I am just leaving it attached to the motor since it's all coming out anyways. Not sure if I can help any other noobies since I am technically one as well but I have some experience with this kind of crap haha. By the way I will try to post them in order but my god, I'm not organized lol

Any wires that need labeling that could otherwise be confusing? I am not using the same motor or transmission so I'm assuming the list of wires I need labeled is quite short...

Last edited by crmd37; 09-20-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Internet just took a dump while I'm uploading pics. Will post them all in the next 48 hours
Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Tow truck dropped it off to me after about a month of waiting after blowing the motor

LQ4 Donor Truck... Sorry truck

Before picture

After picture. Fan is off too lol, not sure why I left it on so long
Old 09-20-2016, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Better before picture
Old 09-21-2016, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!! In for Updates. I Like these 67 Chevelles
Old 09-21-2016, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the only wires I used that when to the old engine are the ignition wire to the starter. I also used the Holley HP EFI so I'm not sure if you are using the ecu from the truck if you need other wires.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1967BuickGS400
I think the only wires I used that when to the old engine are the ignition wire to the starter. I also used the Holley HP EFI so I'm not sure if you are using the ecu from the truck if you need other wires.
Thank you for the reply man, I was thinking about it saying I feel like there are very few wires I will be using Hahaha. I'm gonna a try to pull the motor Wednesday. My weekend got slammed with stuff to do. But it's nice because I can still use the truck to run some errands haha. Will take pics once the motor is out for you guys
Old 09-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlueMagicSS
Nice!! In for Updates. I Like these 67 Chevelles
Thank you, the paint is drivers quality and the interior is ghetto. Once I'm finished I'm hoping it'll be much better looking and more attractive to buyers. Will try to keep it for about a year or so as long as work allows it haha. Hoping to play a lot in this car before getting rid of it
Old 10-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Not bad for a one-man show lol. Got the motor out over the weekend and everything seems to be moving along. Not really sure how long it'll take me to remove the truck motor and transfer it over but I've got a couple months to get things going. Thanks for staying tuned guys. Any and all help from you Arizona people is much appreciated. Wouldn't mind having an uninstall/install day if possible if anybody is wanting to help in the next few weeks, will supply pizza and beer

Old 10-03-2016, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I see a custom oil pan vent on that old small block. LOL

Making progress!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1964SS
I see a custom oil pan vent on that old small block. LOL

Making progress!
Hahaha oh yeah, that's just one "vent" from the implosion of the motor. There are 3 or 4 more from the rod getting tossed around. Lol and thank you. Progress is good. Gotta be careful when I remove and label everything from the truck. I've been putting it off because I've been driving the truck and using it to pick things up for the car Hahaha. But yeah, I've followed your build so I'm glad you guys are so helpful. Appreciate all you've done so far and how is the car running?
Old 10-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Another Phoenix (Mesa) LS Guy

Well,
I also live on the far east valley side of town. In fact 1964SS is a friend of mine.
I have done a couple of these now so feel free to ask any question I might be able to help with.
Right in the middle of my current build 72 El Camino with a LS-1/6 speed.
Wayne
Old 10-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cooperhw
Well,
I also live on the far east valley side of town. In fact 1964SS is a friend of mine.
I have done a couple of these now so feel free to ask any question I might be able to help with.
Right in the middle of my current build 72 El Camino with a LS-1/6 speed.
Wayne
Wayne, thank you for introducing yourself. I have personally reached out to 1964SS since he is local. Anytime you guys are available I will be looking to make some major install/uninstall day soon. Would love to see the classics you guys have. I have reached out to one other individual with a 70 Chevelle out in Peoria. Always down to meet you guys at somewhere like the Pavilions car show or something like that. Isn't Good Guys coming soon too?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Default Arizona locals

Originally Posted by crmd37
Wayne, thank you for introducing yourself. I have personally reached out to 1964SS since he is local. Anytime you guys are available I will be looking to make some major install/uninstall day soon. Would love to see the classics you guys have. I have reached out to one other individual with a 70 Chevelle out in Peoria. Always down to meet you guys at somewhere like the Pavilions car show or something like that. Isn't Good Guys coming soon too?
Yeah, Goodguys is coming in mid November. I think it's the 18,19 weekend.
As far as install/uninstall, I will probably have to pass. Too much already on my plate. Sorry, but I just keep plugging along.
I do have a number of a guy who is great help and only $15 an hour if you ever need to hire a guy for some help.
The Pavillions is my main Go To show. I have a few friends that go all the time, so it's like my home town deal.
Look forward to meeting you in person sometime soon.
I was hoping to get my El Camino to Goodguys this November but will probably not make it.
Wayne
Old 10-06-2016, 01:55 AM
Teching In

No worries on the help. Life happens and we are all busy. Appreciate it and will let you guys know when I head out to the pavilions next. Should be soon especially since it's under the 90s constantly. Would love to see the classics out there and meet up
Old 10-06-2016, 04:03 PM
Teching In

No worries on the help. Life happens and we are all busy. Appreciate it and will let you guys know when I head out to the pavilions next. Should be soon especially since it's under the 90s constantly. Would love to see the classics out there and meet up
Agreed. Will let you know when my El Camino finally hits the streets. The Pavillions will be a first stop.
Later,
Wayne
Old 10-07-2016, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I noticed you are in Phoenix. Are you going to the cruise on Central tomorrow? We are going, but probably will not get there until 3 or 4pm.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1964SS
I noticed you are in Phoenix. Are you going to the cruise on Central tomorrow? We are going, but probably will not get there until 3 or 4pm.
That would be fantastic. I didn't know that was going on. Are you bringing your ride there? I emailed you a couple weeks ago introducing myself since we are both here in AZ. I will see if I can bring somebody as well. Thank you for the info!
Old 10-07-2016, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

That would be fantastic. I didn't know that was going on. Are you bringing your ride there? I emailed you a couple weeks ago introducing myself since we are both here in AZ. I will see if I can bring somebody as well. Thank you for the info!
Yes I'm bringing my 64 and my buddy is bringing his LS swapped 67 camaro.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man, sorry I missed you. We showed up around 3:45 and they completely closed off central. What a bunch a bullshit. We ended up driving by and headed to the pavilions instead.

Quick Reply: 67 Chevelle Malibu w/ 6.0L LQ4 + T56 Trans...