Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with accessory brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 02:59 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help with accessory brackets

I have an LQ4 motor with an LS1 waterpump that is spaced out for the truck accessory brackets. That was done to by the previous owner to install a car intake manifold.

Now to my problem. I bought an air conditioning system and I measured the crank pulley like the instructions said (obviously I got the dimensions for the truck brackets) the brackets don't fit because where it mounts to the waterpump is about 3/4" farther from the head and the bolts are too short to reach the head. On top of that the routing of the belt would run directly in front of the throttle body and would also interfere with my waterpump outlet.

My question is: what would be the proper brackets to use to mount the AC compressor with my current setup.

​​​​​​​Thanks for any help provided
I bought
Old 10-14-2016, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I would look into the Holley bracket setup. It can be spaced out for any of the 3 different setups by buying the proper spacer for the bracket. If this is all going into a 65 GTO I would look into the complete Holley Accessory setup. Their kit fits the A body cars like a glove.

No AC on mine yet, but it sits high on passenger side.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have truck brackets the compressor sits low on the passenger side. Worked great for me.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

The stock LS AC setups use a separate, narrower belt that runs on its own groove on the balancer, behind the main belt.
Sound like you have some aftermarket "high mount" AC bracket kit that uses the main Belt ? You easiest option may be to get a truck water pump. That wont fix the belt routing problem tho.

Quick Reply: help with accessory brackets