Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV on LS3

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV on LS3

I need to run my PCV line, I have an LS3. My question is can I run the PCV from the standard port on the passenger side valve cover and install the other end at the drivers side port where the EVAP usually goes? This port is open since I've gotten rid of all the evap stuff. Not sure if I can install the PCV behind the throttle body.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I did and what I was told is that the connections at the valve covers needs to be tied into the intake pipe after the MAF. The line from the valley goes to the port behind the throttle body. Not sure if the two of them and be tied together. Throttle closed...high vacuum on the intake side of the throttle body and low vacuum on the inlet side of the throttle bodt
Old 10-21-2016, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Wouldn't it go before the MAF since you don't want to loose metered air?

Andrew
Old 10-25-2016, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I was told by Spectre...The air was already metered into the engine.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Wouldn't it go before the MAF since you don't want to loose metered air?

Andrew
Old 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

in stock form the line from cold air intake tubing between maf and tb always goes to passenger valve cover as this is an unrestricted port and in charge of 'MAF metered' fresh air supply and blowby exit. on older LS this was built in to the top of the tb vs. the CAI

the pcv return is usually from valley plate to intake manifold vacuum (like you say typically to passenger side IM, but could be any vac port). on trucks and some cars it is tied to the driver valve cover instead of the valley plate, any one port with a factory pcv orifice built in like these will work. this hose cannot be t'd or merged with other lines as your vacuum control will be then altered.

on factory supercharged or dry sump systems there are some other things going on but the above is the basics for all LS series.

Quick Reply: PCV on LS3