Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS into Toyota Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS into Toyota Land Cruiser

Does anyone have any experience installing an LS into an old Toyota Land Cruiser? I have a 1966 TLC FJ45LV that I have been restoring for a long time. I would like to install a 6.0 with automatic transmission. Not sure how to mate this setup to still run 4x4. Here is link to my build thread.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/196...roject.100170/

I am going for a Restomod look. I want modern power with 4x4 functionality. Thanks for the help and any direction you can point me in.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Erbesfield
Does anyone have any experience installing an LS into an old Toyota Land Cruiser? I have a 1966 TLC FJ45LV that I have been restoring for a long time. I would like to install a 6.0 with automatic transmission. Not sure how to mate this setup to still run 4x4. Here is link to my build thread.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/196...roject.100170/

I am going for a Restomod look. I want modern power with 4x4 functionality. Thanks for the help and any direction you can point me in.
Go to the advance adapters website. They have all the information that you need to get an LS swap put in with an Auto. As far as the electrical system in that FJ, I would just get rid of it all together and buy a universal kit from American Autowire. The Toyota stuff is hard to find, not to mention there isn't a whole lot info on the schematics of it.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many years ago I swapped a 400 SBC with a turbo 400 into one. I used the Toyota transfer case. This was a 1965 FJ40 model. Had to lengthen and shorten the drive shafts. The engine is basically a 6 cylinder Chevy motor with metric bolts.

The motor mounts would be easy. Just something like swapping into a Chevelle. Maybe the new Holly motor mounts would work. I think I had to change out the tail shaft housing on the Turbo 400 transmission. The conversion was quite popular and they made adaptors. They may still be available. No problem with the transmission fitting.

As to the electrical, I would have two harnesses. One for the engine and one for the chasis. The existing Toyota harness is pretty basic as far as that goes.

One other option is get the motor, transmission and transfer case all in one unit. They are out there.

Quick Reply: LS into Toyota Land Cruiser