Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problem ??

ok I am new to the injection stuff need some help
I put a used 5.3 in my 57 Chevy changed to hot cam and springs and headers computer flashed and harness done corvette regulator filter,,
went to start it and it ran for a min then shut it off I had a pressure fuel line loose and leaking ,tightened line the tried to restart and it fires but dies smells like raw fuel , checked fuel pressure and its around 55 to 56 on prime if it sits it does start bleeding down (is that normal ?)
I did turn key on and prime it then pulled fuel pump fuse and when pressure lowered a little it started the ran until fuel pressure was gone
so in a run down fuel leaking assuming lower pressure car will run
and turn off pump not making any pressure car runs til runs out but with everything hooked up right fires and dies ????? injector stuck ? fuel pump ? any help would be great
Old 11-28-2016, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Did you buy a prebuilt harness or diy? You said corvette filter, what about the rest of the fuel system? Pump, injectors, rails, intake, throttle body?

It probably needs retuned for the camshaft or theres a sensor giving false readings. If you have a scan tool see if it sets a​​​​​​ny DTCs.

1 injector would just have a misfire usually. Pressure drop could be normal, but still need more info on which components you have
Old 11-28-2016, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

On the filter/ reg, make sure you use a wix or a gm filter. Also if tank is new , somtimes they leave **** in the tank from building it that clogs the filter(ask me how I know). Also some of the 5.3 truck intakes have a regulator on the rails. What are you using for an intake?
Old 11-29-2016, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddy did the harness and its stock 5.3 injectors ,single line fuel rail no stock reg ,used a tanks inc tank and fuel kit ,,, we finally got it where it would run if I held the throttle open some so now im assuming its in the tune for the cam my buddy can open the cpu but don't have tune for cams any recommendations ?

Quick Reply: fuel problem ??