Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Power Brakes/69 or LS1 pedals Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Power Brakes/69 or LS1 pedals Question

Anyone out there using an LS1 brake booster/master cylinder combination on a first gen. Camaro? I have a 2000 power brake/master cylinder and want to use it on my 69 Camaro. I noticed that the bolt holes are slightly different and the opening in firewall will have to elongated lower to line up with the rod/ rubber gromlet of the LS1 booster. I have the stock pedals for the 69 clutch/brakes and the 2000 LS1 pedals and gas pedal. I was thinking about modifying the 2000 pedals to work with the booster thinking everything would line up correctly......anyone done that combination? I also have S&P's bracket for mounting the hydralic clutch resovior....can it be used with the late model booster/LS1 pedals?

The 69 has 2002 LS1 Camaro calipers on front and rear and would I like to use as many of the stock LS1 brake components as possible. I would appreciate anyone's feedback on what combinations they used if they are running a six speed/LS1 combo in their first generation Camaro. Thank you in
advance for your feedback!

Chuck
Old 08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Chuck,
I plan on the same setup. i found this on pro-touring.com. maybe it will help.

Author Comment
capone
Unregistered User
(9/17/03 11:33 am)
Reply LS1 brakes on a 1st gen Camaro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if anyone has finished the swap and driven there car on the road. If you have completed the swap what master cyclinder, proportioning valve, and e-brake cable did you use? Also, how do you like the set up and would you do it again?

KacyZ28
(9/17/03 12:04 pm)
Reply re
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are you talking front and rear

capone
Unregistered User
(9/17/03 10:56 pm)
Reply yes
yes

freeflyclown
(9/18/03 7:54 am)
Reply ?
sure would like to know too. but with out the hydraboost.

in2protour
(10/1/03 8:47 am)
Reply LS1 front brakes on First Gen
I have a set of complete front LS1 brakes, (Calipers, rotors, brackets to fit first gen spindle, and brake pads) mounted on First Gen spindle for sale if anyone is interested. I'm selling because I went with Baer system.
e-mail if interested. tommy.lau@cymer.com

capone
Unregistered User
(11/17/03 8:47 pm)
Reply ttt
anyone

George
(11/18/03 12:40 am)
Reply Re: ttt
I have. Ive got C5 front calipers, 12" LS1 rotors, stainless braided hoses in front and 97 Fbody rear calipers, C4 12" rotors in back. A 97 Camaro master and old style booster (but I want to upgrade to newer style booster I think) and stock dirtribution block which isnt a proportioning block. The car stopped, of course I had no windshield (front or back), open headers, shifting with tubing looped on the trans (its an auto though) so I wasnt worried about testing the brakes as long as they worked.

walapus
(11/18/03 7:11 pm)
Reply brake MC
What did it take to bolt the 97 MC to the stock booster? any modifications required?

George
(11/18/03 8:38 pm)
Reply no
Nope, i had to cut my push rod from like 4" to the 2.somethin, there are 2 lengths of pushrods because there are 2 types of masters with a shallow or deep hole in them the 97 is the shallow so it uses the shorter pushrod. I bolts right up, but you have to make some inverted flared metric lines to fit the master, the 97 master isn't standard double flared.

DZ FOOL
(11/21/03 2:36 pm)
Reply Wheels
What kind of wheels/rims
Old 08-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Launching!

I have that setup and i used the 69 pedals and the LS1 Master/booster combo with it
I Just modified the rod ..cutted out the eyelet and threaded it to fit an extention like other brake setups and used the end of the orginal link ....works perfect....
Old 08-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Rick...thanks for info! Question....I've noticed that the stock holes in the firewall do not match the LS1 booster. What did you do to work around this situation. Thanks!

Chuck
Old 08-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Oh sorry ...forgot about that....what i did was to remove the studs on the brake asembly then matched the holes of the brake bracket assembly & firewall to the booster studs .. i also enlarged the center whole on the top so the rod could travel properly...maybe like a 2 hr job if car has no engine in it (like mine was)when I made that ...i routed all the brake lines to the abs controller so I wouldnt know what to do on a basic set up ...most likely you need some kind of 4 wheel disk prop. valve

Quick Reply: LS1 Power Brakes/69 or LS1 pedals Question