Sponsored by:

Question for Russell Hard Line Adapter Users

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Russell Hard Line Adapter Users

Guys,

I installed a Russell hard line adapter fitting on my fuel rail and on the line exiting the '99 Corvette fuel filter / regulator.

After tightening the adapter fitting it seemed like it was "well connected" to the hard line. However, as I was attaching the -6 AN line the hard line adapter rotated on the 3/8" hard line. Is this normal? My greatest fear in that the adapter will somehow work its way loose from the hard line an cause an engine fire.

So far the connections are leak free, but I only have about 45 minutes of engine run time since the swap and the car has yet to move under its own power.

Thanks for whatever insight you can provide.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MikeM79
Guys,

I installed a Russell hard line adapter fitting on my fuel rail and on the line exiting the '99 Corvette fuel filter / regulator.

After tightening the adapter fitting it seemed like it was "well connected" to the hard line. However, as I was attaching the -6 AN line the hard line adapter rotated on the 3/8" hard line. Is this normal? My greatest fear in that the adapter will somehow work its way loose from the hard line an cause an engine fire.

So far the connections are leak free, but I only have about 45 minutes of engine run time since the swap and the car has yet to move under its own power.

Thanks for whatever insight you can provide.
The Hard line adapters are made to work on aluminum lines. They may or may not work on stainless and/or steel lines . Check out the LS1 fuel line adapters at Godman Performance these adapters are trick although a little expensive $40.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

Mine rotated a little too. I just make sure to keep a wrench on it when im removing the fuel line for any reason. I have about 3000 miles on mine and havent had any trouble with it leaking or moving like it wants to fall off.

Quick Reply: Question for Russell Hard Line Adapter Users