Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would you build?

I want to do a ls1/6speed conversion in a first gen f-body. I allready have the donar car and I'm trying to decide what to put it in. I have access to all body styles and all years. Choices are 67-69 camaro both hard top and convertable, or 67-68 firebird hard top and convertable. All would be full restorations into a driver not a show car.

I am drawn to the 67-68 camaro convertable but everyone else seems to like the 69 hard top. I would probobly not drive it very long so resale would be important.

thanks
Old 10-17-2004, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Resale value? 69 Convertible will be your best bet out of those choices. Followed by the 69 coupe.

67-68 Camaros generally don't pull down the resale that the ever-popular 69 does. Firebirds typically have a worse resale than Camaros.

This is of course, assuming that none of those cars is a limited production model, etc..

If you want to build something different however, I'd go with a 68 Firebird. A well built LS1 1st gen Firebird will attract alot of attention since there aren't many out there.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote for 68 bird. That is what my son and I are going to start a long slow buildup when he hits 10. He is 2 now, so I ned to start looking for a good donor before the prices are too high.

Quick Reply: What would you build?