Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security/ECM Question! LS1 swap almost done..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Security/ECM Question! LS1 swap almost done..

Hello,

I'm putting an LS1 into my 94 Camaro. Everything is all set-up and I was able to turn the key for the first time today. Of course I ran into a problem right off the bat . Everything powered up,,but the engine didn't start. It didn't even crank. My Security Light is flashing. I need some advice/input/suggestions.

Some background information to help determine the problem. --
I sent my ECM to get reprogrammed for the basic things (Remove VATS, remove speed limiter, remove EGR and AIR, rear 02 sensors,,recalibrate etc..) So VATS should be removed. Everything in my car is basically upraded to 99+. I rewired EVERYTHING. I put a new dash in, with a new gauge cluster. I put in a 99+ Fuel tank with a new sender,,and put on V8 lines.

Here's what I know,,

The starter is good..there is no signal being sent to the starter.

The fuel pump IS turning on,,so the ECM is getting power.

Security Light is flashing.

No signal sent to the starter.

The harness with the body control module is not from the same car the PCM was from..but if VATS was removed, then the VIN # should be cleared from the ECM, and the two wouldn't have conflicting VIN #'s.

So is there something I need to do? Is there a power input from the BCM (body control module) to the ECM? Is there something that I need to do to have the BCM and PCM communicate? Different volts being sent from the resistor in the key? I don't know...Is there something I should check?

I'm hooking it up to a scanner tomorrow night to have a better idea what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated before then.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2004, 01:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your neutral safety switch wiring.

On my car without the vats bypassed the car would crank and still start but would die in a few seconds.

Quick Reply: Security/ECM Question! LS1 swap almost done..