Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil level sensor and PCM connection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil level sensor and PCM connection?

I know this has been discussed before because I did a search but the info I found didn't answer my question.

I have a 1995 LT1 from a Caprice Cop car which I'm installing into a Datsun 240Z. I'm almost done re-wiring the PCM connections and have several reference sheets that I've been using to delete circuits I don't need. I re-ran the wires for the Oil Level sensor and then got to thinking "Do I really need this thing?" which caused me to trace the brown wire to pin 27 on the black PCM connector. None of my reference sheets show this connection.

I guess my question is "If I remove this circuit will the PCM throw code or lock the system so the engine won't start?". If I leave it will it be used for anything other than lighting an "idiot light" to tell me the oil is low and if it does that, which pin on the PCM drives that circuit cause it aint listed either?

Also does anyone know of a link to a totally comprehensive reference for the pin-outs and programming in the 1995 PCM. I think the F and B-Bodies used the same PCM but might have different circuits wired in and different programming.

Thanks
ZcarGuy
Old 03-01-2005, 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

I'm not good with the wiring part, but you could probably find Ed Wright on here and he would most likely know.
Good luck, man.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

I can't directly answer the question but I can relate to a similar situation that might point you in the right direction. I had my water level sensor in the radiator go out in my car. The sensor being bad threw a code and a dummy light that said "Low coolant" or whatever when in reality the radiator is full. So I unplugged the sensor and no light. Perhaps this could work for you too.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Its just a dummy light. Cut the sensor off the harness and splice the two wires together.

Quick Reply: Oil level sensor and PCM connection?