Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling system

Old 03-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cooling system

I'm starting on the cooling system in my LS1/RX7 conversion. The only radiator I could find to fit has the bottom hose connection on the passenger side and the top on the driver side. I am thinking of routing the top hose down and under the radiator to the pump outlet so that it won't interfere with the air intake plumbing. That would be about 56 inches of hose. Anyone see any problems with the long run of hose? Any comments would be welcome !!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run about a 60" long hose to the radiator on my car and have not had any problems.

I fabricated the hose out of mandrel bent exhaust tube sections and use 6" radiator hose connectors at either end. I think I will upgrade to the silicon hose the turbo guys use eventually.

My radiator does not have a drain provision, so I put a plug in the tube to drain the radiator for service.

Hope this helps,

Phil
Old 03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might also consider having the inlet and outlet moved. It isn't all that hard for a radiator shop. If it is aluminum, you might have to find an experienced weldor to put new necks in and cover the old hole and make it look good.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want a real clean installation you can have a radiator built to your specs. Tell them what you need to cool and they will build it. The cost is really not that outrageous. Here is one builder to check with, there are others, including some site sponsors I'm sure:

http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/157/

Pat
Old 03-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll try the long hose under the radiator.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cooling system