Default LS1 Marine Exhaust Manifolds

Does anyone know who makes marine
manifolds for the gen III engines?
Preferably nice looking aluminum ones.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 Marine Exhaust Manifolds...

Don't think your going to find them...Being in the marine maufacturing & boat business my whole life(mostly Hi-Performance), I think your chances are slim. GM Vortech big-blocks have been promoted in Offshore Powerboat classes in the last couple years. These GM marine engines have been given to specific teams to try to break, & then given back to GM for evaluation. They have mostly been the 496(8.1 Litre) motors, which have custom double tube stainless headers manufactured for them, by Hi-Performance exhaust header companies like CMI (Custom Marine Exhaust), which is up your way in Wisconsin...Stellings Marine Exhaust (California)...DeAngelis Marine Exhaust ( Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.)...Stainless Marine (Opa-Locka, Fl.), etc...As far as a cast log of any kind, made from iron or aluminum, I would first try to match up some of the Ford small-block(302-351 Windsor or Cleveland heads), as I have heard that they are close & possibly could be slightly modified to fit. These base Ford engines have had cast marine manifolds made for them for many, many years. Possibly buy some header/manifold exhaust gaskets at your local auto parts to try a fit. Hope this helps. Gar
Old 06-15-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes there are manifolds available. I know for a fact that Mastercraft has them, and I am sure any other company such as Malibu, Ski Nautique, and any others that are using the Gen III engines will have something you can use? Send me a pm on your boat and setup and I will see what I can find out for you.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Default What GM engine marinizer?

What engine marinizer is using the Gen lll in Ski boats? Is it Crusader?, Interceptor?, Marine Power?, PleasureCraft? Please let us know. I wonder what cubic inch motor they are using. This would be good news! Gar
Old 06-15-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen offerings from PCM (Pleasurecraft Marine) and Crusader (basically the same company). Check them out at pcmengines.com. They even have a parts breakdown of the ZR-6 (as a pdf) so you can get part numbers. At that point you'd have to find a dealer that sells parts or figure out how to buy parts from the factory (good luck there)

I'm sure there are some other companies doing marinizing of the LSx. I'd look at Indmar and Mercruiser (Mercury). And some of the ski boat manufacturers to check out would be: (Malibu (uses Indmar), Supra (uses Indmar), Centurion, Correct Craft / Nautiques (uses PCM), Tige, MasterCraft, Ski Supreme (uses Mercruiser), and Moomba. I don't know what all they use / offer, but some of them are running LSx motors (at least PCM is, others are likely)

PCM / Crusader is using the 6.0l motor. Whether that's the 6.0l truck motor straight from the truck or whether it has upgraded parts for marine use, that I don't know. I expect that others are using the same motor.

'Dreamin'
Old 06-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Default LSX marine

Indmar looks promising but they won't let you at their
parts listing on the web without a dealer #. Make
me think they' must be pretty proud of their parts$$$$$
Looks like the 6.0 crusader may have what we need.
http://www.crusaderengines.com/parts60.html
Old 06-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Might try to call Arizona Speed & Marine ... I know they do LS1, and they do Marine, so they would know if anyone would.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I talked to a guy that had a 6.0 gen 3 in his boat. dont remember the brand but it was a factory install. That ought to be a blast.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up GM Offerings...,

As far as the Marine "LS1" motor goes...seems to only be offering the 6.0 Litre, that has the LS1 heads, etc... The others are the Gen 2 Vortech headed small blocks, 4.3 V-6, 5.7 & a smaller in-line. And then, of course, the big-block 8.1/496. This can be found on the GM Marine website. So, as far as LS1 exhaust manifolds go...You have finally found your answer. Track down the marinizer of the 6.0 Litres mentioned above, as the heads are the same demensions. One of the largest stocking wholesalers of Marine engines & parts is: Jerry's Marine Service, in Ft. Lauderdale. They are wholesale only though, so you would have buy them from someone who has an account set up with them. They have other locations as well. Their Ft. Lauderdale number is 954-525-0311. P.S...Just called them...They are available, they believe they are aluminum. Not in stock, but can have them in 2-3 days. Crusader is the brand. $249.95 each manifold. Part # R08023. They are the same for either side of the engine, as are the risers. The riser Part # is R029016 & are so new that they are not prced out yet, but they are probably in the neighborhood of $150.00 each. Don't forget to order the gaskets. If I were you, I would call Crusader direct & verify these numbers. Hope this helps. Gar

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 06-16-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Indmar's website indicates that the 6.0l exhaust manifolds are aluminum.

I could have sworn I saw that the PCM ones were alum, but can't find anything that says so.

Also, I think the part number for the PCM manifold is R028023 (not R08023), but I could be wrong there. Elbow number (R029016) looked correct. Gasket part # was indicated as RM0274.

'Dreamin'
Old 06-16-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you going to be using this in fresh or saltwater? What kind of boat are you going to be using?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Have you considered Stainless Marine? Definitely not cheap but you can't get a finer set of boat exhausts. I saw there stuff at the Miami Boat show last year. Imagine the nicest set of Shorty Stainless headers ever made then they take them and create a stainless water jacket around them. There stuff is amazing. I have also seen where they will create a water jacket around each individual primary. Imagine a header within a header. Check them out at www.stainlessmarine.com
Old 06-19-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats why I was asking him what kind of boat he was putting together and if it was going to be a saltwater or freshwater boat. I can probably get what ever he wants, I just need to know the application he has.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks all for the good info, those prices are reasonable. I'll do some more research.
We are planning to re-power a 1976 Century Venturer, it's a big open day criuser with twin 302 Fords in it now.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

http://www.cassellmarine.com.au/p/85...manifolds.html

Quick Reply: LS1 Marine Exhaust Manifolds