Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch anticipate switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch anticipate switch

Is the clutch anticipate switch necessary for the car to start on a 2002 LS1? If so, should the line for the anticipate switch just connect to ground when the clutch is depressed?
Old 07-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Teching In

no, the clutch anticipate switch is just what it says. It lets the PCM know when your about to shift so it can flare the engine up a little between shifts. It also tells the PCM to shut off cruise control when you touch the clutch pedal. And yes pin D blk/wht wire goes to ground and the other pin C gry wire goes to the PCM connector C1 pin 32. At least on a 99 f body but it should be the same from 99 on up.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

does that mean that the clutch anticipate switch connects to ground when the clutch is being depressed? Thats what I wanted to know.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

You don't need it to run. I'm currently not running one myself because I have no way to mount the one I bought to the pedals I'm using.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on a hybrid conversion, you can safely disable the SES code for the clutch switch without a problem...

to start the motor, the purple wire leading to the starter 'noid needs power... most cars have a large clutch switch at the BOTTOM of the pedal (pressed when fully depressed) and a anti-theft relay... that part changes from car to car... but bottom line is, you put +12v to that purple wire on the harness, and it'll turn the motor over.

if you're not getting power to it when you turn the key, start checking your car connections.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
on a hybrid conversion, you can safely disable the SES code for the clutch switch without a problem...

to start the motor, the purple wire leading to the starter 'noid needs power... most cars have a large clutch switch at the BOTTOM of the pedal (pressed when fully depressed) and a anti-theft relay... that part changes from car to car... but bottom line is, you put +12v to that purple wire on the harness, and it'll turn the motor over.

if you're not getting power to it when you turn the key, start checking your car connections.
Are we talking about the Clutch Anticipate switch or the Clutch Start switch??? The start switch I am running for saftey reasons.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPRYZE
Are we talking about the Clutch Anticipate switch or the Clutch Start switch??? The start switch I am running for saftey reasons.

both.

i was trying to answer the orignal posters question.... the clutch anticipation switch, is the switch im talking about disconnecting.

you REALLY REALLY REALLY should use a clutch start switch....
Old 07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

On my RX-7, I have two separate switches. One is triggered when clutch is depressed, one is triggered immediately the moment the clutch is hit (the anticipate switch). My question is whether or not the signal going to the PCM should pull down to ground when the clutch anticipate switch is triggered or whether it should pull up to 12 volts. Does anyone know this?

Quick Reply: clutch anticipate switch