Sponsored by:

Ls1 v8 miata exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 v8 miata exhaust system

Hey All:

It is coming together slowly. I finall y got the headers made and this morning the full exhaust system. I hope it flows good. A 2 1/2" dual system with a X pipe and 2 dynomax mufflers and 2 magna flow mufflers. I do have a set of high flow cats when inspection time comes!!!

http://www.ls1miata.net/gallery/miata?page=12
http://www.ls1miata.net/gallery/miata?page=13

Enjoy!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Staging Lane

just saw it for the first time. wow. props to u my friend.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:10 AM
TECH Resident

looks good.. Nice work... Nice planning and fabrication... Watch those jackstands extended that far... When I was a little kid my dad had a car fall off stands and land on him.. LTD wagon.. he made it but was never 100% again..

Having to try stuff like that is why I kiss a friends *** who has two lifts..

I'll come over and help you seal your garage concrete slab...
I'll check the compressor oil...
Out of town... I'll water and mow the lawn... etc....

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 08-30-2005 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:29 AM
Teching In

nice that thing is sick nice ab work
Old 08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Thank You for the positive responses!!! I just got back from making a 4 hour drive to have them thermal coated in Hopewell, Virginia at Thermal Coatings. I was told a 2 week turn around.....which will keep me from getting it started. I am dying to get it together and very curious to see what this thing is going to be like!!! Sound and driving!!! I still have some minor things to wrap up, so I will be spending time fininishing that up while I wait for the pipes to get finished. They will be satin black instead of the silver finish. The satin black has better heat insulation properties, then the silver coating. Both headers, X-pipe, and bullets mufflers are getting coated. The rear half of the exhaust is SS including the mufflers and tips.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

hey man that setup looks GREAT! excellent flange work too, its gonna be so nice to have it removable in sections whenever you need to work on something under the car. I bet its gonna be damn quiet too, plus I was gonna say smart thinking in getting the thermal barrier coating, its sure close to the cabin in some spots.

wooohooo!
congrats!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Well, i hope it is quiet, but not so quiet that it kills the V8 roar of a Ls1 with a cam. But, that is fixed by changing out the mufflers for straight pipe or Cats. for emissions. I have tried to think of everything I can with this build.....use, service, and function with form. I am trying to make it like is was meant to be in it. I just hope to hell that it handles and drives good too. So much work and modifications to everything it seems. I am just right there.....but have to wait for the pipes to get finished!!!! Oh well!!!!

Quick Reply: Ls1 v8 miata exhaust system