Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Year ones 69 camaro mounts and crossmember ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Year ones 69 camaro mounts and crossmember ?

I want to use stainless works long tube headers around the factory style steering box. Year one and stainless works have worked together for a set of headers and a set of motor mounts and crossmember for a t-56 . I really want to use these headers but i want to know what people think of year ones stuff they make for this application , or even see a picture of it .

Street and performance only offers shortie headers and ATS 's headers are way to much money at $3200 a set, so the stainless works seem to be a good deal at about $1,000.

can anyone help ?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Launching!

You can't even group our headers in with the SW and S&P ones. They make off the shelf standard 4:1 collector headers, with no steps, merge collectors, or tri-Y configs.
We don't make anything that is 'off the shelf' for headers. We custom make the header to optimize the engine package from idle to redline.

Just an FYI- Our entry headers are $2000 in mild steel, and will fit better than any header on the market, while making at least 15-25 more hp.

Engine mount wise, the Year One mounts/crossmember are the same as BRP's that I have seen.

Tyler
Old 11-17-2005, 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

i am not grouping them together , clearly your headers seem at this point to be the best ones out , but as i said i cant afford them , if i could i could then do a turbo set up . at that price turbo headers would be on my car .

sounds as if the stainless works headers and year ones mounts would work fine , just like S&P's headers and mounts , as with your mounts and headers. if they are all going around stock steering boxes , seem they will work . i just want to see what there stuff looks like (year one).

TYLER i would use your mounts and crossmember(it looks the best out there) and SW's headers if i knew for sure it worked .
Old 11-17-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Build your own crossmember using comp engineering's universal one, like I did, if you have any fabbing skills, or buy Tyler's one, but i bought the Year One one, and it was crap. It was off center, about an inch less wide, and made of crappy light thin mild steel, for $140 more than the competition engineering one, which is extremely strong, and looks great, again, providing you've got fabbing skills and tools. I'm sure the motor mounts are fine, considering you want fitted headers. good luck!
olly
Old 11-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Datsbad-
I'm pretty sure that if the SW headers are designed to fit in a stock sub with a steering box, that our engine mounts will make it work, as will our oil pan and our crossmember.
Tyler
Old 11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd definately go with tyler's stuff with the stainless works headers if i had the cash. Some sweet equipment, looks bulletproof. Cant go wrong with the stainless headers either. Good luck!
olly
Old 11-18-2005, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

Tyler , i am going to need a ls1 style crossmember and the mounts along with the install kit with out the throw out bearing.
can you givem some prices?

please PM me .
I need the following
oil pan LS2
motor plates and mounts
crossmember kit without the thowout bearing stuff.

ASAP if you can . i am putting together a build plan and will be ordering stuff next week .
Old 11-18-2005, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

To answer your questions:

Originally Posted by datsbad
I want to use stainless works long tube headers around the factory style steering box.
You can't. The SW headers and Year One (BRP) mounts are designed to work with the BRP front mounted rack/pinion steering too. The stock steering box will not work with these headers. The SW headers are very nice though, excellent quality. When I built my last 69, it was the only option to go with for longtubes, plus I wanted the rack/pinion to drop some weight off the front anyways. It was a good combo.

Year one and stainless works have worked together for a set of headers and a set of motor mounts and crossmember for a t-56 . I really want to use these headers but i want to know what people think of year ones stuff they make for this application , or even see a picture of it
Several pics of the Year One/SW/BRP stuff on my project site: www.ExtremeG.net
Old 11-18-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dosen't the SW web site have 2 set one for stock style box and one for R&P, I've been away for the puter for a few days, but I think there's 2 different sets,
Old 11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

That would be news to me. Al from Stainless Works posts here, maybe he can chime in.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Tyler, any plans for an A body LT? You guys have some nice products coming out
Old 11-18-2005, 11:15 AM
9 Second Club

yeah tony go to SW's web and year ones. they have 2 versions . when you did your car they did not . check it out and chime back , what do you think now?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the sw headers with stock steering box with s&p mounts everything fits good. the brp mounts are 2inch to the front of the car from the s&p mounts, i don`t think the headers form sw would fit in my car with the brp mounts, more room to keep the ac in the stock location but the headers will hit my steering box mike
Old 11-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Datsbad,

Did you sell you car on ebay? Are you going to build another?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:42 AM
9 Second Club

yes sold it , building another now. check it out at www.gforcedesignconcepts.com

i have not updated any pics lately. It has DSE 4 link coilover rear, DSE front coil overs and subframes , 600 steering gear , 6 piston baers, hydroboost , 6 speed , LS2 fully built to about 550rwhp , vintage ac , custom interior
Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 69blackwidow
i have the sw headers with stock steering box with s&p mounts everything fits good. the brp mounts are 2inch to the front of the car from the s&p mounts, i don`t think the headers form sw would fit in my car with the brp mounts, more room to keep the ac in the stock location but the headers will hit my steering box mike
That's good news to hear, I wish I knew that when I bought mine. maybe I'll have to change it up....
Old 11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I knew I wasn't crazy when I was looking the headers on their page,

I'd really like to run the ATS headers, but the price, and there's other stuff I'd like to buy!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rybar i think it was just luck for me lol. i just liked the idea of the engine back 2in. better weight distribution plus more room air intake, fans, ect mike

Quick Reply: Year ones 69 camaro mounts and crossmember ?