Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone else think about swapping an ls1 into....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess its because its kinda well packaged and easy to wire up, plus the fact that its lighter than most other engines and that you're only a cam swap away from 400 rwhp sorta helps.

man , an '05 mustang with an ls1 ! now that would **** alot of people off.... i love it! (pencils in '05 mustang to the list)
Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Schitzo
wow....that is alot of swaps in one year.

I know that the LS1 is a great engine but I wonder why it has become such a popular candidate to swap into other cars. The gen 1 and Lt1 small blocks have been swapped into cars but not as much as the ls1. hell..you don't even see that many new hemis or viper v10s swapped into older cars.

can't wait to finish my swap and see what the LS1 fuss is all about.

I have always thought about swapping a ls1/t56 into a 98-03 grand prix and making it rear wheel drive.I prolly will never do it but I love this cars and would be nice to have one with a v8, manual trans and rwd
Well Hemis and Viper V10s are not only expensive, but at one time getting a hold of a (Viper) V10 was hard (as in crate motor production stopped).
Old 05-19-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
i guess its because its kinda well packaged and easy to wire up, plus the fact that its lighter than most other engines and that you're only a cam swap away from 400 rwhp sorta helps.

man , an '05 mustang with an ls1 ! now that would **** alot of people off.... i love it! (pencils in '05 mustang to the list)
well, the iron blocks are a little heavier,its not anything another 100 rwhp
cant fix

also, i think the salvage yard guys are onto me
im only there like every weekend
i think they finally figured out what the "VORTEC" motors are derived from

theres this one know it all dude at one the yards i buy from, who has told me that the 6.0 did not interchange with any of the other GM engines because its a vortec and that it is the new "real" vortec like the 90's one and that he has adapted the new heads to his old 96 silverado
and the 5.3/4.8 engines are junk because he has been told by his engine builder that they are not worth building up
also this jackass told me that the LS1 was a "throw away" engine and that i should build a real motor and not waste my time with it.
i went with the flow and the guy selling it knocked off $500 from the price because he thought he was ripping me off.
it came from a 01 T/A with the LS6 intake and i pulled it from the car
i got the engine from them for $500 with harness
thanks to know it all jackass
thought i should share
Old 05-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

man i gotta get the number of that place... ill stock up on the motors!!! LOL

Quick Reply: Does anyone else think about swapping an ls1 into....