Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel problems help

Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel problems help

ok on the return line there is a round black thing autozone says its a something purge canister and there is wires that plug into it.....it mounts right by the #1 injector...... i am wondering what everybody doin to get rid of it or can u the zone said the motor will not run with out it but i dont think thats true....the way i get it this purge canister realises gas when a set psi is reached couldnt u use a regulator instead of this?????? any help on what to do would be great.....thanks in advance..............
Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by s10_ls1
ok on the return line there is a round black thing autozone says its a something purge canister and there is wires that plug into it.....it mounts right by the #1 injector...... i am wondering what everybody doin to get rid of it or can u the zone said the motor will not run with out it but i dont think thats true....the way i get it this purge canister realises gas when a set psi is reached couldnt u use a regulator instead of this?????? any help on what to do would be great.....thanks in advance..............

The engine will run perfectly fine without it so long as you block off the vaccume port and unplug the harness from it.

The only problem is how are you going to vent your gas tank? That solonoid is part of a system of sensors and solonoids designed to vent your tank without causing emissions. Somewhere you should have a line coming from your tank that needs vented
Old 10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

thanks yea my tank has a vent line that runs to a box mounted under the bed above the rear end so i can just plug it off and dont worry about a return line then??????????
Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by s10_ls1
thanks yea my tank has a vent line that runs to a box mounted under the bed above the rear end so i can just plug it off and dont worry about a return line then??????????

You can plug the solonoid but you have to leave the line from the tank vented. Just make sure your PCM has the evap codes tuned out or you'll get MIL on. Also, I think what your referring to as a return line is just an evap line. If you have a regular LS1 fuel rail (except early C5) it is a returnless fuel ststem, there is only one fuel line connection to the rail. The other one coming from near the TB through the evap solonoid is only for evap emissions, no fuel touches this.

Andy
Old 10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

thanks alot man so just plug it and leave the line that i thought was the return coming from the tank vented.....thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel problems help