Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM and fuel pump relay question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BCM and fuel pump relay question

I'm trying to figure out a no start problem on my 99 LS1 Formula. I realize it isn't a swap, but I thought someone here might know. Is the BCM fuel enable signal required before the PCM will turn on the fuel pump relay? My car cranks but won't start. No check engine light, no security light. I have power but no signal to the fuel pump relay. The signal wire, which is dark green/white, comes straight from the PCM. Swapping in a known good PCM didn't have any affect. So, what all is the PCM required to see in order to fire the fuel pump relay?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Regular

maybe your not grounded somewhere in the wiring. im unfamiliar with how its setup but if your getting power as you say and nothing happens then i would have to say the circuit isnt completed, meaning its not grounding.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by datboibrad
maybe your not grounded somewhere in the wiring. im unfamiliar with how its setup but if your getting power as you say and nothing happens then i would have to say the circuit isnt completed, meaning its not grounding.
It isn't a grouding problem. The PCM is not turning on the fuel pump relay. If I just the relay contacts with a piece of wire, the fuel pump turns on.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

If I remember right the VATS security is tied to the BCM. I can't remember if the VATS effects the fuel enable or not, but I'm pretty sure it's needed.

Kevin D.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
svt
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mojave
Is the BCM fuel enable signal required before the PCM will turn on the fuel pump relay?

yes

Originally Posted by Mojave
So, what all is the PCM required to see in order to fire the fuel pump relay?
it must see a 30 or 50 hz square signal to start, my 2002 needs the 50 hz signal, not sure if the 99 is 50 or 30 hz. But this comes from the BCM I beleive or vats module if you are doing a swap, thats what I have.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by svt
yes

it must see a 30 or 50 hz square signal to start, my 2002 needs the 50 hz signal, not sure if the 99 is 50 or 30 hz. But this comes from the BCM I beleive or vats module if you are doing a swap, thats what I have.
Thanks for the info. I need to see if the signal is getting from the BCM to the PCM.

Quick Reply: BCM and fuel pump relay question