Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 Olds 350 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 Olds 350 Cutlass

I Have A 72 Old Cutlass Sport, And I Want To Put An Lt1 Or Ls1 Engine In It And A Newer Transmission. But I Have So Many Questions First. The Car Is Going To Be A Daily Driver. What Type Of Changes Will Need To Be Made To The Crossmember, If Any? What About The Motor Mounts? Are The 72 Chevelle And Cutlass Frames Set Up The Same ? Will Chevelle Motor Mount Adapters And Crossmember Fit Too. Are All A-body Cars Exactly The Same. Will I Have To Change The Gas Tank And Lines As Well. I Am Building On A Budget But I Want Reliability.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Search for the A-Body and G-Body swap and the Sticky's at the top. you will find all of the information you need. What trans are you planning on running...? that will help in the crossmember answer.

You should be able to use the Chevelle mounts and adpter plate setup without any problems. May have to drill new holes for the frame mounts, but no biggie.

I am just about done with my swap, it is running but I just need to finish it up now.. There are other doing there swap right now, Just search. My setup is a 99 LS1 with a Viper T56.. I made BRP Style mounts and used all of the LS1 accessories. I cut the trans mount and flipped it over and weld it back.

I used a 95 Impala gas tank.

Had a local guy mod the harness to add power and stuff that is required and send my PCM out to flash all codes that are not needed and put a performance tune on it.

Being on a Budget is not allways a good idea, but if you can pick up the engine and do most of the work yourself. you can get it done with a resonable small budget, just may not have too many of the performance and custom stuff.

Good luck.. just research the threads and ask question then.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Thanx For The Swift Reply. I Was Really In The Dark, And Now I See Some Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Launching!

The holes in the frame are there.No drilling required.J
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can approach this swap the same way as a 68-72 chevelle. Just do some reasearch.

Quick Reply: 72 Olds 350 Cutlass