Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s10 guys oil pan ??? help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default s10 guys oil pan ??? help please

i know i need the 5.3 truck pan but what else do i need to go with it pick up tube obvisely... i have the f-body pan on mine now just didnt know if the crank scrapper would work ect.ect. thanks in advance guys
Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,i have a truck oilpan and pickup tube if your interested..the pickup tube is brand new in the box.i believe the windage tray will work on the truck pan..PM if your interested.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can use the f-body windage tray with a truck pan, but it does not extend as far forward as the truck pan. The truck windage tray goes all the way forward to the front of the engine, while the f-body tray stops before the front two cylinders. The f-body tray will work, but it will not have as good of oil control.

To swap to the truck pan you need the pan, pickup, dipstick, dipstick-tube and the windage tray would be your choice.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I would not recomend the truck pan for your swap after looking at it for mine. I ordered the c6 ls2 pan and it simplified my life tremduously. It is a much better fit and requires less chopping. The fbody pan is your next best option.

Quick Reply: s10 guys oil pan ??? help please