Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with new style GM fuel connectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Default problem with new style GM fuel connectors

I am still installing a 6.0L in my '70 Impala and I have a bit of a problem with the new style of GM hard line connectors (fuel, coolant...), the ones with the "flare" at about 1/2" from the end of the tube. How do you connect this with the "traditionnal" flared line? Is there any company making an adapter?For aesthetics, I prefer to not use braided lines but simple NPT connectors and rubber hoses/flared steel lines.
Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you use swagelock compression fittings on the half inch sticking out. Should work. I've seen others use them.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dorman makes the fitting that connects to these lines. You can get them at Advance Auto or NAPA. You clamp the rubber hose to the fitting. The fitting requires no tools to remove from the hardline. Here is a picture of it:

And a link
Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan on doing a number of these, Mastercool makes a really trick hydraulic crimping tool that will do those type of lines, also does other flaring operations. For just one project you might not want to spend the bucks......unless you are like me, a real "tool junkie".

Quick Reply: problem with new style GM fuel connectors