Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 swap into sn95 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 swap into sn95 Mustang

Alright, I'm looking to do the ls1 and 4l60e swap into a mustang, but mine's a little different. Instead of the fox, i'll be using a 1994 V6 auto.

Ive done a ton of research, but not many people have swapped one of those bad boys into this bodystyle. So i have a few questions before i start ordering parts. Any info beyond what I have already will help a lot.

1998 or newer Ls1 and 4l60e

K-member: 4.6 mustang
Motor mounts: 4.6 with some modification
will this push the engine into the firewall vs. using the 5.0 k and m mounts?

Transmission crossmember/mounts: no idea what to use/modify, I could have my uncle fab them up if need be.

Driveshaft: kind of lost here... custom driveshaft with a camaro yoke and mustange rear flange (8.8 rear)?

Camaro Fans/Radiator

From what Ive heard the Camaro oil pan clears the 4.6 k-member

Starter solenoid... will mine work? or do I need one from a V8 car?

255 lph pump
corvette fuel filter/regulator

Wiring-
Are turn signals, head/tail lights, interior lighting, stereo, wipers, etc. going to be effected by swapping out the PCM, or do they run seperate?
The wiring scares me the most on this project, so ill probably be asking a lot of questions. sorry in advance. I already found the sticky with all the wiring harness pin assignments too, btw. that helped a lot.

I'll be using aftermarket gauges in a custom plexiglass cluster, i'm hoping that this alone will cut the wiring dificulty down verus using a f-body cluster or my stock one.. Correct me if Im wrong

Exhaust-
right now I have 2 1/4" true duals with flowmaster Force II muffs and all 4 cats, will that be sufficient, or will I be pulling the heads shortly after she runs?

Any insight will help greatly, and i'm still doing research and have been for the past 2 months alone, but I would like to get the more mechanical stuff out of the way before moving into specifics like wiring.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

This HAS been done You'll find all the answers searching around this section.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

sn95 is just like a fox body......anything on here will apply to your swap....
Old 06-24-2007, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Yup, SN95 almost exactly like Fox. I wish I could give you some more info but the only thing I can say is "search".
Old 06-24-2007, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1dreamin'
Alright, I'm looking to do the ls1 and 4l60e swap into a mustang, but mine's a little different. Instead of the fox, i'll be using a 1994 V6 auto.

Ive done a ton of research, but not many people have swapped one of those bad boys into this bodystyle. So i have a few questions before i start ordering parts. Any info beyond what I have already will help a lot.

1998 or newer Ls1 and 4l60e

K-member: 4.6 mustang
Motor mounts: 4.6 with some modification
will this push the engine into the firewall vs. using the 5.0 k and m mounts?

Transmission crossmember/mounts: no idea what to use/modify, I could have my uncle fab them up if need be.

Driveshaft: kind of lost here... custom driveshaft with a camaro yoke and mustange rear flange (8.8 rear)?

Camaro Fans/Radiator

From what Ive heard the Camaro oil pan clears the 4.6 k-member

Starter solenoid... will mine work? or do I need one from a V8 car?

255 lph pump
corvette fuel filter/regulator

Wiring-
Are turn signals, head/tail lights, interior lighting, stereo, wipers, etc. going to be effected by swapping out the PCM, or do they run seperate?
The wiring scares me the most on this project, so ill probably be asking a lot of questions. sorry in advance. I already found the sticky with all the wiring harness pin assignments too, btw. that helped a lot.

I'll be using aftermarket gauges in a custom plexiglass cluster, i'm hoping that this alone will cut the wiring dificulty down verus using a f-body cluster or my stock one.. Correct me if Im wrong

Exhaust-
right now I have 2 1/4" true duals with flowmaster Force II muffs and all 4 cats, will that be sufficient, or will I be pulling the heads shortly after she runs?

Any insight will help greatly, and i'm still doing research and have been for the past 2 months alone, but I would like to get the more mechanical stuff out of the way before moving into specifics like wiring.

Thanks in advance
The exhaust on the stang will have to go 4 cats will choke a ls1... there is several Posts on the swap...
Old 06-25-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Brains
This HAS been done You'll find all the answers searching around this section.
I know it has been done, but the only example i have found was one for sale

But knowing that the sn95 swap is almost identical to a fox swap pretty much answered all my questions inadvertantly, and that search button has become my life over the last couple of weeks

Thanks guys, you'll probably be hearing from me during the build, since as of yesterday i have a garage to work in and someone to help with fabrication
Old 06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

you want at least 2 1/2 since its a 346 and at most 2 high flow cats.. although i would just drop the cats altogether.

Quick Reply: Ls1 swap into sn95 Mustang