Sponsored by:

LS13 project

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS13 project

BEFORE

car made 427whp before and 352 wtrq on a gt2871r turbo @ 21 psi with 93 pump.

NOW

I believe this is what they call they baller statis stretch? (bought the wheels and tires like that used)

gonne try and utilize the oil cooler engine damper and radiator from ^^
there to the ls1.

motor came out of a 2002 camaro SS with 22k miles. Motor harness ecu basically everything was purchased for $3500 which is a steal! Only other thing i had to buy was the Pacesetter headers w/ 3" collector which I picked up for $310.

can already tell the the 3rd collector from the drivers side is going to have to be cut and re-welded. thats why I chose to go with a cheap solution for headers. they are most likely going to have to be cut and redone.

mods: ported polished 2002 zo6 ported and polished TB,
ported polished heads, zo6 cam, and a reflashed ecu, LS6 Ported Oil Pump, SLP Engine Plaque-FlashScan, rebuilt trans with a vigilante shifter and torque stall set to 2800rpms previous owner put down 451 whp and ran 11.7 @ 120 on MT drags with full weight.

Not sure of its gonna work yet but ima be attempting to use the megan motor mounts. probably just make a bracket to sit off of them. the trans is another story. any ideas?

Also changing some on things on the body

sexy hood. somewhat of a mini cowl design.

Then theres these ZG flares (fiberglass) that have been laying around for a year now. They are somewhat warped but finally going on. Not molding them, just riveting. Not even sure if I wanna paint them..They match mirrors, sidemolding etc. I believe the fronts are 30mm over and the rears are 38mm over.

preview for the curious

and the fenders and other shyts match this trunk lip as well

and a new VS front bumper

look at the diverter! Its UUUGE!

well thats it for this week. tune in next time.

-matt
Old 06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Teching In

nice start! do you plan on getting some real wheels to fill up those fender flares? negative offset ???
Old 06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kansaschity
nice start! do you plan on getting some real wheels to fill up those fender flares? negative offset ???

most definitely. the front wheels are 17x9.5 with a 215 tire and the rears are 18x10 with a 235 size tire. looking to go as wide and meaty as I can.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Teching In

if your looking to go as meaty as you can you can fit a lot more rubber than 235 on a 18x10. whats the offsets?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

for real, on my S13 I ran 18x10 up front w/ a 235 and 18x12 in the rear w/ a 265 (smallest tire I could fit on that wheel). See signature
Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

nice to see a chicago ls1 240 like me.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Teching In

taco_stamp: Do you skate, at northbrook?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Like I said on clubfr, your car looks nice bro. I wouldnt go with an auto though, or the fender flairs. Just keep your car clean looking like it is, or get some overs..Just my opinion..

Also get a LS6 intake mani to go with that TB..
Old 06-27-2007, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by natedawg
nice to see a chicago ls1 240 like me.
I'm going to drive my LS14 up to Chi-town Tuesday I think. Is there anything going on up there next week?

Good luck with the swap guys!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Cool deal dude but looking at what the owner says about the dyno numbers he put down with what mods are done to the engine I would say dont be disappointed if they are much lower when you dyno the thing. It took a lot for me to get to 500 rwhp. He may have meant fwhp but usually people dont give that number especially if the motor is already in a car
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Launching!

any info on where you picked up the flares? i've been looking for a decent set of bubble flares instead of big breakable overfenders.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

that s13 is soo clean and white... i might even trade my ls1/kouki for it.

is that car from the east coast? looks familer to me...

what kind of rims are the 2nd you put on there?

Originally Posted by cnichols
I'm going to drive my LS14 up to Chi-town Tuesday I think. Is there anything going on up there next week?

I'm hour south of chi, my car will be done in a week or 2 probably. Otherwise i might be up there at one of the skateparks.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cnichols

Only thing I know of is July 6th is Street Car Chaos at US 41 in Morocco, IN (1.5 hours south of Chicago). Well, that and the Taste of Chicago of course.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Teching In

alllrighty. its been a while, but i was contemplating whether or not to sell everything then move to cali or finish it up then drive there... I chose option B.

also sorry for the shitty phone pictures. I busted my camera couple weeks ago.

the pacesetters wouldnt fit until I recut and turned them towards the motor about 40 degrees or so. The last header pipe was getting in the way of the steering rack so I had to cut that for now. see pics.

to give you a hint; measurements from frame rail to frame rail was somewhere around 26-27", and when I measured from header to header it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 34".

how the trans sits under the car.

the drivers side header sits perfect inside the stock s13 frame rail where my previous downpipe sat. the passenger side on the other hand sits about 2" lower. They will be joined with a Y-pipe before getting bolted to my buddyclub spec II.

a rough sketch of how the motor is going to sit in the car. Going to be making brackets to sit off of the megan racing motor mounts to come up and bolt to the stock ls1 bracket plates.

odds are im going to be picking up altima twin fans and have them sit infront of the radiator.

the throttle body comes pretty close to the radiator as you can see.

next thing up is cutting the front crossmember, and cutting the oil pan. im thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of either friday or saterday.

End

-matt
Old 08-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Teching In

twas my day off and i worked on the front crossmember most of the oil pan the whole day. nothing is yet final, and my god aluminum is a bitch and a half to weld.

for reference here is the stock oil pan.

a rough sketch of how they fit clearing header and steering rack. about damn time.

primered up and good to go. going to reinforce it a bit more after i get closer to completion.

forgot to mention, 1/4" steel was used to reinforce the cross member.

-later
Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

filled it up with water for leak test. the second box in the oil pan is useless. covered it up from the inside otherwise oil would get in there but wouldnt get out. I didnt want to cut it off because that part bolts up to the trans and also helps to protect the flywheel from flying ****. Flying **** is bad...

Also purchased a bong for the relocation of the drain plug.

I guess next up is motor mounts. I will also get better pictures of how the finished oil pan sits in the crossmember and headers later on in the week.

Just got back right now from finishing up some things.

This is how the oil and crossmember sit as a final result. Alot better than I would have imagined.

Here is a combination of what Im planning to use. As you can see the block still retained the stock motor mounts which the rubber bushings were then burned to ****. It actually sits pretty perfect onto my megan mounts which I was suprised. It like it was meant to be..does nissan have an underground treaty with GM we dont know about? <_< Im having someone weld these maybe tomorrow.

how the motor sits final in the car. The hood even closed on the first try. BOO-YAH!

I still have surprisingly ALOT of spare room to spare. It clears the hood and still got around 1 1/4" from the closed hood (thanks to the frp hood) - GO SIMBA! I heart u 4 finding that. Also there is plenty of space sitting on either sides where the intercooler piping would usually go... I even want to venture as far as to say that I probably have more room in my engine bay than f-body cars.

-matt

-late
Old 08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

motor mounts are done. Thanks Toedy!

and the shift linkage.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Teching In

whats happening fellas. I know Ive been slackin on the progress pics but the car is mostly done. starts up and sounds friggin insane.

only things I have added have been a trans mount that extends frame rail to frame rail, a hurst style shifter, a front mounted trans cooler + hardlines and a y-pipe. Non of the body work has yet started but final pics of finished motor and hopefully a video will be up by friday or saterday.

-matt
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Teching In

video footage from today. Just to let everyone know, sounds alot more crazier in real life vids are really bad quality too btw. Also, my reflashed ecu took a **** on me. had to pick up a c5 ecu. stock tuned. gay.

initial startup
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0a60955...9970170b381.htm

an asian moving my car
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/de86543...997017a14a4.htm

spinning the **** out the tires hitting 60mph or so.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/cbe88d9...997017b2907.htm
Old 08-28-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

very cool car...I do think i like it better without the fenders...the very first picture is very clean...

Chad

Quick Reply: LS13 project