Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring question

Okay, I'm getting into my harness, have pulled & labeled all connectors from the stock fuseblock plug (I wasn't lucky enough to get a factory fuse block). One of the wires from plug C2 (2003 Silverado 5.3 w/ ETC), pin A10 on the connector, is listed as being for "CHMSL Supply Voltage/Stop Lamp Supply Voltage (KUP)". the circuit is 1320. It comes off the fuseblock connector and goes into the TAC module connector. Anyone know if this will need to be hooked up for the system to operate? I can't imagine what the 3rd brake light would have to do with the accelerator, but it's there.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CHMSL signal is used for the cruise control circuit as a brake signal so it has an input to the TAC module. When you touch the brake pedal it shuts down the cruise control and chops the throttle. It looks like you could leave it "open" and the TAC should still work normally.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Well, since the whole reason behind messing with the elec throttle was to make it easier to put cruise on the vehicle, better hook it up.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeh, hook it up. It's always good to to come off cruise control when you need to stop.

Quick Reply: Wiring question