Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v6 to LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default v6 to LS1 swap

hey guys, i've got a buddy that has a v6 camaro. i plan on getting a camaro soon with a stroker, and he wants something to give his car a little better chance to hang. what i'm wondering is, can you guys show me a thread or just make a list of EVERYTHING that is needed and involved in doing this swap. he said as soon as i get the info, he'll buy the parts and we'll get started. thanks in advance.
also, if this needs to be in another part of the forum, then please move it.
-Kyle
Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.tacreationsusa.com/3_4_3_8_v6_to_ls1.htm they are very helpful and can buy all the parts through them. if changing transmission you need to change dash harness as well for the safety features. the site doesnt show it but you will also need to change your fuel pump as well as the lines, or you can get a 97 vet fuel rail and you wont have to change the lines, just the pump b/c the 97 vet rail has the return system on it, the ls1 has the return system built into the lines. im currently in the process of buying parts for my 01 v6 and am very knowledgable about this swap... pm me if you have any questions.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

hey man, thanks a lot. that is a big help. looks like you dont live too far away from me when i'm at school in stephenville! i'll have to come check out your car when you get it finished up. we're doing the swap in huntsville which still isnt that far from you!! maybe we can all meet up for the swap or somthing. and i'm sure when he starts buying parts you'll be getting a lot of pm's. lol
thanks again,
-Kyle
Old 07-03-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem man, im here to help... i know alot about the swap but that wasnt without asking a hell of alot of question to other forum members so i figure why not help out... meeting up would be great! i dont really have anyone to help me do my swap considering my brother is retarded with cars and i only have one friend that knows anything, and thats not much hahahahaha. tell your friend to bring on the pm's!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
http://www.tacreationsusa.com/3_4_3_8_v6_to_ls1.htm they are very helpful and can buy all the parts through them. if changing transmission you need to change dash harness as well for the safety features. the site doesnt show it but you will also need to change your fuel pump as well as the lines, or you can get a 97 vet fuel rail and you wont have to change the lines, just the pump b/c the 97 vet rail has the return system on it, the ls1 has the return system built into the lines. im currently in the process of buying parts for my 01 v6 and am very knowledgable about this swap... pm me if you have any questions.
When you use the 97 vette rail what do you use for a regulator?
What do you use for lines/fittings to connect the rail to the body lines?
Do you have a gm part number for the 97 rail?

Sorry for all the questions but we're dumping an LS2 into a v6 firebird and the fuel rail system is the only thing I can't figure out right now. I'm not even sure if the 97 vette rail would bolt to the LS2 intake manifold.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
When you use the 97 vette rail what do you use for a regulator?
What do you use for lines/fittings to connect the rail to the body lines?
Do you have a gm part number for the 97 rail?

Sorry for all the questions but we're dumping an LS2 into a v6 firebird and the fuel rail system is the only thing I can't figure out right now. I'm not even sure if the 97 vette rail would bolt to the LS2 intake manifold.
the 97 vette rail will not fit on an LS2 intake manifold, the reason why you use the year 97 only is because the ls1 was in corvette's in 97 and the fuel rails had the return line on it, thats why it has 2 hookups instead of the 1 hookup that 98+ had. so no you cannot use it on your LS2. your gonna have to completely redo your fueling for an LS2 to work.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't say you'd necessarily red-do your whole system. You can just get a 98+ Vette FPR/filter, and use the existing fuel lines from the tank (after putting in a new fuel pump). Just run the v6 return/supply to the FPR, and then use the existing lines from the v6 and run a single line from the FPR to your fuel rail. Right?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

just get a 97 vette fuel rail its way easier... dont have to mess with lines at all. its a direct replacement, just gotta change the fuel pump also

Quick Reply: v6 to LS1 swap