Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Spark with LS1

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Spark with LS1

I recently installed an LS1 into my 69 comaro. We started the car but it was running erratic, almost like the timing was off. Checked my fuel psi to ensure right amount of fuel was getting to the motor also checked all sensors for proper connection. After the third time starting car I have not been able to get it to run over again. There is no spark. I have replaced the cam position sensor and crank sensor still no spark? What could possible cause the issue of no spark? Any ideas would be very helpful!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Fuses..do you have pics of how your Timing is set, just for refrence..
Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check all your grounds!!!!!! If everything is within .2 Ohms, hook up a scanner and check what all the sensors are reading when the key is on. Make sure that everything is within the computers normal expected range (MAP should NOT be reading 30!). If everything looks right, you will need to check what the scanner is telling you when the engine is cranking. Based on what you find, you will either have fixed what is causing it, or at least eliminated a lot of things. This will sound silly, but what gap are your plugs at? When you pulled them, are they fouled? Coated in carbon or oil? Did you cap off the unused vacuum line at the back of the intake? If it does come down to everything being fine, but the coils won't fire, you either have a bad ground (always likely), bad coils (unusual), or something wrong with the PCM. Are you using the stock high resistance coils? If not, you may have some problems driving the new ones.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Default Scanner Codes

When cranking the motor and scanner hooked up I am getting DTC COUNT 1, and MILS OFF. What do these codes mean? I am unable to get any codes out of the computer I belive because the engine is not running.

Last edited by MY69camaroLS1; 07-04-2007 at 02:40 PM.